Visit Scotland

that escalator video is priceless :lol:

I've run up escalators the wrong way before :oops: in one case because there were ticket inspectors at the bottom and in another case because there was a rumour about sniffer dogs just out of view!

had a quality weekend in glasgow (despite a certain spotlighter not being able to make it, for mysterious reasons :lol: ) was nice catching up with my scottish friends

curry fans, check out the VIPS restaurant - dirt cheap, excellent food - possibly the second best curry EVER (although nothing I've experienced in the UK can top tayyabs in aldgate), super friendly staff

clubbers, check out the Admiral - wicked venue, went to a night called Be Deep, which is quietly making a name for itself - the admiral is obv not as good as the sub club soundwise but at the same time miles better than the arches

the journey back was a laugh - of all the places in the world to get pissed, an express train has to be one of the most enjoyable (despite treading on a dog's tail walking back from the buffet car, but these things will happen)

clubbers, check out the Admiral - wicked venue, went to a night called Be Deep, which is quietly making a name for itself - the admiral is obv not as good as the sub club soundwise but at the same time miles better than the arches

I've been to The Admiral for an indie night and wasn't that taken aback by it - just a typical small venue - but would give it another go for a decent dance night. I generally prefer bigger places (like The Arches), as I like to go a wander when I'm :eek:. Are the bouncers 'liberal'?

Good curry place in glasgow is Cafe India out in the west end. Also tried a place the other week in Saucciehall Street - Slumdog Bar. That was very good, tapas style Indian. We got one of these booking deals where it was 3 dishes + drink each for £12. I cook Indian often at home so not too easily impressed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back