Vintage '91 footage from Amnesia, Space terrace/discoteca, PDB etc...

The footage with the football pitches is that the space terrace?Was this (1991) the golden age of space or did it come a little latter? I suppose that last question is one where people who are around will say it was the best but then others will say it come later.

Without a doubt if I could go back and live anytime this would be it. I was 9 when this was taken but 91 to 93/94 is my favourite era for rave music. Watching these videos only confirms I would have loved every minute of it.

Last edited:
I think the sections with the football pitch might have been possibly in a hotel in PDB... I was in Ibiza in '91 or -92 as a 11/12yrs old on a family holiday and walked past Space one afternoon when we went to Aguamar... I can clearly remember music coming from the terrace as we walked past... That's when the love affair with Space started for me!!

I always tell my friends I was born at the wrong time, wish I could of experience the whole rave/clubbing culture of the 90s the vibes at these parties look amazing and the music is even better.

The footage with the football pitches is that the space terrace?Was this (1991) the golden age of space or did it come a little latter? I suppose that last question is one where people who are around will say it was the best but then others will say it come later.

Without a doubt if I could go back and live anytime this would be it. I was 9 when this was taken but 91 to 93/94 is my favourite era for rave music. Watching these videos only confirms I would have loved every minute of it.

155123_10151177712604432_1244312368_n.jpg

PDB in /91/'92... looking towards Dalt Vila...

406480_10151178556859432_1998663034_n.jpg

PDB... Looking towards where Bora Bora should be... Fields everywhere!!!!

Reactions: M.E
Was that a younger Charlie Sheen in Video 1 at the 1min mark? lol :lol:
I thought the same. Also Carlos tevez lookalike in one of them. Would love to know what hotel that is with the football pitches. watching those videos and then seeing that pic of Hi knowing I will never experience those early years is a real kick in the teeth

155123_10151177712604432_1244312368_n.jpg

PDB in /91/'92... looking towards Dalt Vila...

406480_10151178556859432_1998663034_n.jpg

PDB... Looking towards where Bora Bora should be... Fields everywhere!!!!
What an incredible sight that is. I love old pics. Always on the look out for things like this. One of my favourite things to do is find old pics of London especially east London. The change in a relatively short period is amazing but also sad. Can't help but think we have ruined so much of it

That Hi photo says it all about a lot of the modern clubbing to me. Loads of segregation. Everyone facing the demi-god dJ as they press a few buttons , hands raised looking to be closer to them , filming them for their own exclusive footage which they'll probably never look at again. The DJ is up on high above his subjects , apart from the 'VIPs' who also have an elevated position above the plebs.
In the space vid the DJ was at the end of a bar at same level as everyone else and everyone is moving about freely not even bothered about where the DJ is, just whats emitting from the speakers.
So less Unity in todays club scene, and wasnt that originally what this balearic / acid house thing all about??:confused:

nail on head

djs on stages is just the worst thing ever

you always get a much better party when people dance with each other

Why are club owners so thick that they can't realise this though!???!

I'd also say a large amount of DJ's nowadays wouldn't be so into the scene if they played in a DJ booth that was hidden, or in the case of the early Hacienda, in another room altogether...

I get the impression that a lot of them crave the worshipping!

I only watched part 1 so far, the change even in the crowd when all the big Super Clubs arrived by 1994 MOS,Cream,UYR ect is shocking.. sound factory vouging queens to floppy fringed joe bloggs in a couple of years..

Why are club owners so thick that they can't realise this though!???!

I'd also say a large amount of DJ's nowadays wouldn't be so into the scene if they played in a DJ booth that was hidden, or in the case of the early Hacienda, in another room altogether...

I get the impression that a lot of them crave the worshipping!

I agree. Greg wilson wrote a good piece about the Hacienda booth, and how hidden it was. His piece largely came from the point of view was that it was poor cos he couldnt gauge dancers reaction to the DJs selections, rather than being on a pedestal.

Back