Vintage '91 footage from Amnesia, Space terrace/discoteca, PDB etc...

ric

Not sure if this has been posted before... All 3 full videos really deserves to be watched!!!!!!!!

Starts off in PDB possibly, then onto Amnesia for a foam party, then Amnesia terrace morning action until Amnesia closes and they move onto Space, with discoteca footage and lastly, terrace footage with Alex P on the decks behind the bar... All with the original soundtrack from the clubs...

Lucky people to be there at that time!! :):):):)

Great vids. Part 3 first 10 seconds you can see Vaughn from pacha funkyroom/Babylon beach. He still dresses now,exactly how he did back then.

Reactions: ric
Great vids. Part 3 first 10 seconds you can see Vaughn from pacha funkyroom/Babylon beach. He still dresses now,exactly how he did back then.

I thought it might be him! I met him at the (much missed) Monkey Bar a few years ago. Very flamboyant.

Not sure if this has been posted before... All 3 full videos really deserves to be watched!!!!!!!!

Starts off in PDB possibly, then onto Amnesia for a foam party, then Amnesia terrace morning action until Amnesia closes and they move onto Space, with discoteca footage and lastly, terrace footage with Alex P on the decks behind the bar... All with the original soundtrack from the clubs...

Lucky people to be there at that time!! :):):):)

Part 3. At about 9.50 mins in. That girl predicts the future look of ibiza.

I do not take picture/videos in clubs, sorry I was referring to the dancing, often people mention the two step/not much movement in todays crowds. The rest of videos show the great parts of clubbing and especially Ibiza- extroverts feeling free enough to do what they please.

I'd happily go back to cameras being left at the entrance of ibiza's clubs.

Still enjoy hearing the likes of Graeme Park and Paul Taylor playing those tunes.

Last edited:
That Hi photo says it all about a lot of the modern clubbing to me. Loads of segregation. Everyone facing the demi-god dJ as they press a few buttons , hands raised looking to be closer to them , filming them for their own exclusive footage which they'll probably never look at again. The DJ is up on high above his subjects , apart from the 'VIPs' who also have an elevated position above the plebs.
In the space vid the DJ was at the end of a bar at same level as everyone else and everyone is moving about freely not even bothered about where the DJ is, just whats emitting from the speakers.
So less Unity in todays club scene, and wasnt that originally what this balearic / acid house thing all about??:confused:

Great videos & some good old tunes in there I started going raving in 89 and I just love the scene there's something about the music the whole ambiance. Reminds me of my days back at Labrinth in Dawson. Still lovin it now.

Is that picture from a private party:confused: because all the blokes are definitely from the same country...

Back