VALENCIA -??

lovestar

Anyone been during month of Nov/early Dec?? Is it hott there?
I miss Ibiza so much that I am need of jetting off somewhere warm to take away this cold Chicago weather that is bone-chilling!!!!!!!

BTW, what is the weather like in Ibiza late Nov??

Hi,
I would have thought that the weather in both places will be pretty similar. Spain isnt too hot at that time of year, and there is more rain.

If you want warm weather but still a Spanish place, you could try the Canary Islands?

Hope this helps

Fergie19 said:
Hi,
I would have thought that the weather in both places will be pretty similar. Spain isnt too hot at that time of year, and there is more rain.

If you want warm weather but still a Spanish place, you could try the Canary Islands?

Hope this helps

Well... if you go to Madrid in winter you'll see that it's way too cold over there, at least for me.

But as for Alicante, it has a slightly softer weather than Ibiza in winter. Nice weather by day if it's sunny (most days), a little cold at night. Except some days when the Siberian polar cold reaches Southern Europe.

Fergie19 said:
Too cold for you TigerPlc?, wish I had weather like that up here.

Freezing in Scotland in winter!! ;)

Like in Madrid?? It gets below zero at night (-5 to -10 more or less) and some days at daytime too, and almost every winter it snows.

Here rarely gets below zero. It' only happens very few days in January or February and use to be 0, -1 degrees.

If you lived in Madrid you would wish the weather of Ibiza. If you lived here or in Ibiza, you'd wish the weather of the tropic.... I mean one never feels happy with the weather where you live :rolleyes: :p

I like the weather of tropics. Hot summer in summer and mild summer in winter. mmmmmm ;)

Thank you for the tip.. I was thinking the Costa's would at least be in the 60's-70's -?? No? Hmm.. What about Valencia? Has anyone ever spent some time here? I hear it is lovely.. I might head out for a wk long venture here.. Thx again! :D

TigerVlc said:
Fergie19 said:
Too cold for you TigerPlc?, wish I had weather like that up here.

Freezing in Scotland in winter!! ;)

Like in Madrid?? It gets below zero at night (-5 to -10 more or less) and some days at daytime too, and almost every winter it snows.

Here rarely gets below zero. It' only happens very few days in January or February and use to be 0, -1 degrees.

true true, i was in Madrid in Februrary and it was big coat, gloves and scarf weather!

TigerVlc said:

And when snows, most primary schools close to allow kids to play with the snow. And the city collapses. And there's no taxis around and everybody is on the streets. It's so strange to see snow here too....

lovestar said:
What about Valencia? Has anyone ever spent some time here? I hear it is lovely..

Yes indeed! I wouldn't change it for anything.
Tourism here has grown a lot the last two years. I would recommend it to anyone.

Picturesque, large and stunning old town, modern buildings like the City of Arts and Sciences (this has been the trigger for massive tourism), beaches and long, beautiful promenade, a beautiful Natural Park just a few kms South from the city with quiet beaches, dunes, pinewoods and a lagoon, nice weather most of the year, bustling nightlife, the important festival of Las Fallas in March, the bright sunlight people say you see at this part of the Med....Plus there are a few big projects in construction or about to be executed.

I mean, I think this city has been undeservedly ignored for years and years. :( Now it's time to show her beauty to the world.

and they've got the current number one football team in spain!

valencia will certainly be my next port of call when i get off the island again.

stephen said:
and they've got the current number one football team in spain!

hehehe ;) , our team won the Liga, the last but one. Now they're first but no one knows for how many days... :rolleyes:

Wow! Been a while since last on this site.. Hope you are all doing very well! Been workin hard to get back to lovely Spain.. Tixx booked 7 arriving to Manchester 27 NOV then heading to VALENCIA arriving 2 DEC til 10 DEC.. VERY EXCITED to explore!! All info much appreciated!! Anymore tips, advice, info, please let me know!!
Take care all!
DLove :D

Clubbing in Valencia:

My first tip is: almost the best clubs in Valencia are outside the city, so it would be better to rent a car.

Interesting clubs inside the city:
- Le Club @ La Font, it's a very good club if you like tech-house and ecclectic house sounds, like minimal house. The people use to be very alternative (rastafarian ravers and gothic people among gay and straight people). Not for very posh people. It's located South of the city, in Carretera En Corts, very near The City Of Arts And Sciences, the commercial mall El Saler and a Holiday Inn Hotel.

- Jam Disclub, located at Calle Cuba (Cuba street). Very housy and trendy people.

- Venial, at C/ Quart, it's a gay/mixed club. It's been years since my last go, so don't know how it does, but I think it'll be good.

- La Indiana, at C/ San Vicente Mártir, very near Plaza de España. Very beautiful club, posh people. Commercial house (too commercial for my liking) and another dancefloor for salsa and latin rhythms.

- Carmen Sui Generis, C/ Caballeros, in the Barrio (neighborhood) of El Carmen, which is a very touristic place and very bustling at night on weekend. The club is very classy and ecclectic.

- Fox Congo, C/ Caballeros, small club-bar with a stunning decoration, funky and funky-house are the main rhythms.

- Misa de 7.3 @ Banana, C/Isabel de Villena, very near the beach promenade. It's an after-hours 7am-3pm Sundays. House music.

- Mogambo, C/Sangre, very near the City Hall. After-hours on Sunday.

- Latex Community, it was located at Gran Vía Germanías, but they moved somewhere else in the city, don't know certainly.

- Spin, barrio del Carmen, don't know anything about it, just heard good things.

- Bounty Club, C/Músico José Iturbi. Small and with an 80s flavour. They play house on Saturdays.

- Zenith, Av/Blasco Ibáñez. Many time since my last go. It's small but it used to be good. I think the main night is Thursday nights.

Best clubs outside the city:

- Puzzle, at El Perelló, South from Valencia, it's one of the best. The inner room is not good IMO and it's full of youngsters, but the terrace is fab. It has the best vibes in the region.

- Guru, just the opposite side, 5 kms North from the city, at the leisure mall Heron City. It's a huge and gorgeous club where they play latin and funky house.

- Barraca, is the best after-hours, opens Sundays from 5pm to Mondays at 5 or 7am, and it's very near Puzzle, just driving 2 kms South. The terrace is fab with very Space-ish vibes. The shame is that it's been shut till next spring (just the terrace). But its house music will be moved to another room. The inner room is devoted to techno. There's another room called El Circo (the circus) which is fab and is open only in special dates, for instance when it's holiday on Monday, like when you will be here.

- Distrito Playa, at El Perelló, just before arriving to Puzzle along the road. It's an after-hours from 9am to 5pm. They have a housy terrace and a (techno?) inner room.

- Giorgio & Enricco, very trendy club with a beautiful terrace with garden, restaurant and with the poshest people in the area. It's Northwest on the outskirts, in the district of Beniferri, pretty near the Congress Hall.

- The Spot @ Don Mendo, near the big roundabout of the village of El Saler. They play tech-house and drum & Bass. Alternative people.

The main zone for night bars and the favourite for tourists and people from 25-99 y.o. :p is Barrio del Carmen and surrounding neighborhoods, very picturesque and crowded on the main streets. There are many bars on the beaten paths, but there are very good ones to discover on the off-beaten ones. However I wouldn't recommend you to walk along a narrow and quiet street alone, specially if you're a girl, just in case, but most probably it wouldn't happen anything bad though.

Well.....it did cost me a little, hehe
I hope it helps! :) ;)

:lol: :lol:

Bueno, con un poco de ayuda, hehehe

La putada es lo que digo al principio, que casi todos los mejores clubs están fuera de la ciudad y claro, la mayoría de turistas extranjeros, que no van en coche, no pueden llegar a ellos fácilmente. Es una pena. Aparte en España para hacer buen clubbing de verdad con muchas alternativas y variedad sólo están Madrid y Barcelona, bueno y Ibiza en verano, claro!. Valencia está recuperándose pero a paso de tortuga. :rolleyes:

TigerVlc said:
:lol: :lol:

Bueno, con un poco de ayuda, hehehe

La putada es lo que digo al principio, que casi todos los mejores clubs están fuera de la ciudad y claro, la mayoría de turistas extranjeros, que no van en coche, no pueden llegar a ellos fácilmente. Es una pena. Aparte en España para hacer buen clubbing de verdad con muchas alternativas y variedad sólo están Madrid y Barcelona, bueno y Ibiza en verano, claro!. Valencia está recuperándose pero a paso de tortuga. :rolleyes:

Supongo que la famosa ruta del bakalao aún sigue pasando factura, que pareció un arma de doble filo, no???

Sí claro, aún debe ser por eso. La música makina quemó tanto a la gente de aquí que muchos le dieron la espalda a la música electrónica. Y por eso todavía hay un nivel de cultura electrónica muy inferior a otros sitios. Además aquí mucha gente se contenta con el house más comercial, que es lo que más se oye.

Por suerte hay cosas bien hechas que van cambiando la mentalidad de la gente, como el festival de música electrónica l'Observatori que fue la semana pasada.

De todas formas esta zona sigue siendo un paraíso para los jovencitos de la makina y el progressive. :rolleyes:

Back