Vagabundos@amnesia

The terrace was very busy last night, but the club was almost empty.

The Terrace DJ booth changed his location, just next to the men’s bathrooms.

Josh Wink playing to an empty club is scandalous. The island should bow in shame.

in a career of a DJ, I'd say everyone, up to the very biggest in the business have played to empty rooms at some point. lots when they weren't big names just yet, but it's a mistake to think the big names always have packed dancefloors - in ibiza or elsewhere.

and as ibiza has turned into such a competitive place right now with so much going on on the same night, it's actually not surprising at all to see famous artists not getting the crowds you'd expect.

all that said, yeah it's a shame there weren't more people there for him. apart from being a great artist, he's just such a nice dude as well.

personally I was surprised when I saw they'll open both rooms for vagabundos. I hope things will improve for them but my take is they should have started with one room this year.

don't misinterpret this message though - I just spoke to team amnesia and the terrace was busy. just not enough people to fill two rooms.

in a career of a DJ, I'd say everyone, up to the very biggest in the business have played to empty rooms at some point. lots when they weren't big names just yet, but it's a mistake to think the big names always have packed dancefloors - in ibiza or elsewhere.

and as ibiza has turned into such a competitive place right now with so much going on on the same night, it's actually not surprising at all to see famous artists not getting the crowds you'd expect.

all that said, yeah it's a shame there weren't more people there for him. apart from being a great artist, he's just such a nice dude as well.

personally I was surprised when I saw they'll open both rooms for vagabundos. I hope things will improve for them but my take is they should have started with one room this year.

don't misinterpret this message though - I just spoke to team amnesia and the terrace was busy. just not enough people to fill two rooms.
Is it possible they could decide to change to 1 room only mid season or is it now set in stone since everything has been announced as 2 rooms?

By 2am the club room wasn’t that bad. Then at the end of Josh Wink’s set we were about 200 and no more than 100 when Kenny Larkin was playing.

Was there a roof on the Terrace last time you were in there?
1996 was the last full stint I done there that was all season so it was still bamboo chair s and dj box at the bar.. I was there once then for basement Jax 1999 or 2000. Didn't notice was the roof on..?

Josh Wink playing to an empty club is scandalous. The island should bow in shame.
Saw him in Timewarp 2011 ( in the morning) they were 100 people at the Max while in the other room Hawtin had a packed room . Josh wink is an awesome dj but don’t have a big following like the other big dj have imo! And when he play at the same time as a big dj if they aren’t enough people to fill up both room he will definitely play for the less crowded room ...

Man that's sad to hear for sure. You have Wink and Larkin for chrissakes. I woulda definitely been in the club room and my plan for my trips is to also be there (audiofly and Steve Bug). Happy that the terrace was packed, Luciano is incredible on Amnesia terrace.

Really hope they keep both rooms open

strange - as since the terrace was redone, it always seems like thats the place to play in over the club room which traditionally was where the main names were located (or am i wrong?)
I always preferred the main room. But last time I went the booth was on the floor. Is this still the case?

Makes sense for quieter nights. Same for a few Pyramids last year. Still don't understand the logic for elrow though
Guess it's logistics for both entertainers and props.
Last Saturday they had about 20 stilt walkers coming in. I guess for safety reasons they need to walk in from that side because the taxi's are on the other side.

Back