united states currency in ibiza???

msoprano13

since the exchange from a dollar to a euro is only a difference of a penny or 2 at most should i even bother changing my money into euros....

and where are the cheaperst currency exchange places??

thanks

What do you mean should you bother? How could you use US Currency there?

There is an internet place right in Ibiza town, can't remember the neame but they seem to give the best rate of conversion with no fee. Its right near about 3 sunglass shops about 2-3 streets back from the port.

Dude, just take ur ATM card...the machines give the best xchange rates and there r soooo many of them around. When i went, didnt bring a single euro. Just had my ATM on me. Of course u should have a little initial cash for the cab ride from the airport to ur hotel ;) So make sure u have a cpl of euros when u get off the plane to make ur life easier.

micheAl

sheeva said:
What do you mean should you bother? How could you use US Currency there?

There is an internet place right in Ibiza town, can't remember the neame but they seem to give the best rate of conversion with no fee. Its right near about 3 sunglass shops about 2-3 streets back from the port.

yo this is my fourth country im going to and you can use the dollar anywhere in the world...you just get change back in the currency of the country you are in.....

i was figuring id do the same since the euro and the dollar are only a penny or two off.....

one wonders then why most of western europe bothered to change to the euro when it would have been so much easier to use the yankee dollar.

that's my 2 cents worth.

djb

to be honest the Euro is worth more than the Yank dollar now. The EU economy is much stronger these days thats why it would of been unwise for the EU anyway to juse the american dollar, besides would you want to use the american dollar eventhough your European? I wouldnt i'd rather have my own currency.

Interesting attitude. They will NOT accept American dollars in Ibiza except for maybe the extremely touristy areas and larger hotels.

Why should they?

You can't walk into a shop and pay in dollars - you can exhange them in banks etc.

* (Useless fact number 1) The US Dollar is the easiest note in the world to counterfeit.

And they wonder why some people don't like Americans (by the way I'm NOT against Americans, I've a number of very good USA friends), BUT it's this "we have the dollar and we can spend it anywhere"...

You're in a different bloody continenant, never mind country.....

But just for you're convenience, they chnaged our currency in Europe to Euros, so as you won't need to keep changing money between all theses countries in Europe.....

Sorry to give out like that, I'm on my own, in work, bank holiday in Ireland, and can't concentrate on work.....WHY ?

As I'm off to Ibiza in 11 DAYS..... :lol:

stevie said:
And they wonder why some people don't like Americans (by the way I'm NOT against Americans, I've a number of very good USA friends), BUT it's this "we have the dollar and we can spend it anywhere"...

That boggled my mind as well, and I am an American. You are right too, that is exactly why people don't like us... because of shitty attitudes like that. I am American, you shall accept my dollar, and hey while you are at it, I refuse to learn your language so just speak English to me please. :rolleyes:

As I'm off to Ibiza in 11 DAYS..... :lol:

Back