Underwater v's Subliminal

Me too premile ... I'll be the one in the wooly socks ! ;)

I just couldnt make my mind up as to which night would be best ...

Can't believe I'm saying this and Erick is going to strike me down with a Subliminal thunderbolt, but I think Underwater will do the better :eek:

When I first heard that they were going separate ways I thought it would be Subliminal all the way baby but now line-ups have been announced, with the exception of Erick and the rest of the Subliminal family and one date with Cassius I don't think Subliminal listings are all that.

Whereas Underwater have got Fatboy, Groove Armada, Jon Carter, etc.

I was planning to do both when I was there but I can't believe I am saying this but I'm not doing Subliminal in June, will do in Sept hols.

*Babs runs for cover as Subliminal thunderbolt is sent by God Erick* :p

Subliminal clashes with Soul Heaven and some of the guests they've got down at Pin-Up Weds day/night are the Daddies - Kerri Chandler (for Opening when we're there), Louie, Kenny, etc. Wanted to do Soul Heaven in daytime and Subliminal at night, but KC is not playing til after midnight at Pin-Up so going to stay there day/night now. I really think that when Subliminal is up against these big names they are going to lose out cos at the end of the day you can see Erick pretty much whenever you want but you can maybe only see the real Daddies of House Music (KC. Louie, Kenny etc) a couple of times a year.

It's a real shame Barbie ... but the last two times I've been to see Erick I have been less than overwhelmed really ( tho I hate to admit it ) ... a part of me thinks I should certainly go see him in the spiritual home that is Ibiza .. and another thinks, will I be disappointed again ...

Not so with the Underwater Opening I'm sure ..... Am looking forward to seeing Fatboy Slim if only because when he did his first Beach Party it was when Mike and I had started re clubbing, and that cd means a lot to us ... Whatever he is like on the night, it will be a special night to us as, after having a few months of poo here on the home front, our re inventing of ourselves as PEOPLE rather than just parents, did us the world of good and we used to play that cd quite a bit!

That's what I'm like Saffy, I have spent the best years of my life stalking Erick lol :p back from his Strictly Rhythmn days, but recently he has disappointed so I would be just be going to see Subliminal to see Erick cos it's Erick whereas Underwater line-up is exciting me wk we are they (Groove Armada doing DJ set and I saw them last year @ Sankeys are they were awesome). And like you say you've got Norm at Underwater Opening and you know that he is going to be awesome (plus he DJs so little these days).

I'm lucky in that we're going back in Sept for 2 wks so will definitely do one Subliminal trip the (maybe even the 2 depending on who's on at Soul Heaven and depending on if Erick has bought some new records in the meantime :p )

You know when Erick stopped touring Oct last year well I was counting down the days til his return, went to see him @ the NEC his first date back and as much as it kills me to say it, he was pretty pants. I know people who same he @ Sankeys the night after who said the same thing, I actually was meant to be going to Bed the following wk to see him as well but really didn't want to make 400 mile round trip to hear Shiny Disco Balls again :rolleyes: so gave my tickets away :eek: Would not have even thought about that with the Erick of old :p

PLEASE ERICK GET BACK ON FORM YOUR PEOPLE NEED YOU LOL :p :D

wash your mouth out barbie :lol: :lol: how could you :lol: :lol:

ok people i need YOUR help.

i've got mates that are coming to ibiza and they want to go to either subliminal or underwater. they can't do both because of their funds.

which one should i take them to???

Robo said:
wash your mouth out barbie :lol: :lol: how could you :lol: :lol:

ok people i need YOUR help.

i've got mates that are coming to ibiza and they want to go to either subliminal or underwater. they can't do both because of their funds.

which one should i take them to???

I'd say it depends on guests. Who's there on the wks that they're coming??

I'd say Underwater Robo .. for sure !

It's a "fresh" night, so the onus is on them to make it a success .. but I don't think it will need much making ... the line ups are excellent ! I think Underwater will be THE night of 2003 !

Barbie ... I was sooo the same as you ... waited months for him to return .. kept boring the shite out of the BED board as the time got nearer .. and on the night, I err, fell asleep on Mike's shoulder. Maybe it was just me, but he didn't grab my attention the way he normally does ... I was gutted ! He's at BED again at the end of June ... am going to go then ... will let ya know how it goes !

week 1

underwater

Underwater - Darren Emerson, Tim Deluxe and Neil Anthony, SLAM; Global Room : Tim Westwood

subliminal

Subliminal - Josh Wink, Erick Morillo, Jacques le Cont

week 2

probably crasher opening

OR

Underwater - Darren Emerson + Special Guest

Subliminal

Subliminal - Erick Morillo, Jose Nunez, Robbie Rivera, Neneh Cherry

Mmm Josh Winks bores me but then the Underwater line-up doesn't excite me that much that wk.

Spose it depends on who special guest is the following wk for Underwater.

It's not til July is it when you go, just wait for all us lot who are going in June/early July to check them all out for you and then we'll come back with reports for you :p

Robo said:
or should i take them mos

but they wanna cream.

Again depends who's on at Ministry when they're there - if it's someone like Kenny Dope or Derrick Carter (I know they're both there end of July time) then you'd be a fool to miss the likes of those.

And that depends if you do Crasher with them cos they'll need to get their trance fix from somewhere won't they :p

I disagree with Barbie about Underwater doing better...They're going up against Carl Cox for most of the season, their guests are not much better (Josh Wink, Deep Dish, Timo Maas, Audio Bullys, Seb Fontaine anyone?), and Morillo is a considerably larger attraction than Emerson.

If anything, Wednesday will be completely dominated by Subliminal, which can't be said for Underwater on Tuesday. Plus Fatboy Slim is completely pants, IMO. :D

P.S. I do agree with you that Morillo has to stop playing acappellas from last year over the new tracks...hopefully he'll revamp for the season

I still go with Barbie hunny girlie .... Underwater is gonna be the biggie!

andre27 said:
I disagree with Barbie about Underwater doing better...They're going up against Carl Cox for most of the season, their guests are not much better (Josh Wink, Deep Dish, Timo Maas, Audio Bullys, Seb Fontaine anyone?), and Morillo is a considerably larger attraction than Emerson.

Thing is I've got Groove Armada and Jon (Fit as ;) ) Carter as guests when I'm doing Underwater so I'm sorted :D

Robo, go for subliminal when Jacques lu cont is playing, he is the daddy.

Back