Underwater@pacha......16th september...

Robo

was a very dissapointing night...... :cry:

such a promising line-up as well with jon carter, darren emerson, and josh wink.

and

james lavelle (unkle) in the global room.

got there about 1:30ish to meet babs and the crew and the place was empty. the emptiest i have ever seen pacha and already jon carter was on the decks. A brilliant dj like himself should not be playing to an empty pacha. :eek:

he was good nevertheless, then emerson came on at 3:15 but by this time i was not very happy. so me and trace went for a walk around to find the funky room. we also checked out james lavelle in the global room for about 2 mins....he was playing the most boring dull beakbeat track ever! :( Found the funky room liked it a lot, nice air con and much better crowd. we proceeded to go up into the terrace and was told by some women that the terrace was shut.....it was a cooler night, but not too cold. we could only imagine it was shut to keep everyone inside pacha.

Me and trace then decided to go and sit in that entrance foyer bit, for some freash air. so we did. for about 2 hours. people came in and went straight back out again. it was good to people watch though... :p

jon carter and his wife sara cox were also sitting have a drink, and they did not look happy at all....still would you be? playing to an empty pacha with no atmosphere. :rolleyes:

There was a diffinate change in direction this year of punters in pacha. It seemed to be the invasion of the english crew from san antonio. esp on tuesdays. although there is nothing wrong with this.

There was only a hand full of people prancing about in the vip section as well :p :p :p

trace left at 4:45 and i went for one last look around this beautiful club, and headed off at 5ish very dissapoionted.

babs said she stayed till the close - so she must have had a good time. :p

The night i went to underwater was a bit quiet and low key too.

Babs staying to the end isn't necessarily a sign of anything. it seems to me like she is always the last to leave the dancefloor. :confused:

the funky room in pacha certainly seems rocking this year. i had a tremendous time in there...

Jon carter playing at 1:30 would annoy me, i'd have missed most of his set, got to pacha at 2:30-3:00 everytime this year.............

i'm glad i decided to go to carl cox on tuesday instead. Monday is such a big night and with subliminal so popular on wednesday's, i guess underwater is sandwiched in the middle, hence the poor attendance

Rob, you so should have gone to the Garlands closing party on Tuesday instead,Garlands was my best night apart from Hed Kandi and i've since heard that the closing on Tuesday was one of the best parties this summer :eek:

Robo said:
jon carter and his wife sara cox were also sitting have a drink, and they did not look happy at all....still would you be? playing to an empty pacha with no atmosphere. :rolleyes:
I wondered why she wasn't doing her breakfast show on radio 1 this week.

Robo said:
babs said she stayed till the close - so she must have had a good time. :p

Nothing new there then :lol:

Sorry to hear it was a bit of disappointment Robo, I'm surprised it wasn't busy with that lineup

[/quote]
I wondered why she wasn't doing her breakfast show on radio 1 this week.

That woman has more days off than i have hot dinners!

Robo said:
was a very dissapointing night...... :cry:

We went to the same night and I have got to say we were disappointed as well. I posted a topic the week before and following your advice decided to try this, as we were probably only going to have one big night clubbing on the holiday (no hard feelings over this though :)

We thought the club was great but there was little atmosphere and we just could'nt really get into it. We got there about 1.30 and left at about 3.30!

However, on Friday when sat on the beach we were handed wristbands to get entrance to Matinee Group at Space on Saturday so as we did'nt have anything more pressing to do, decided to give it a try (we were going home Sunday). It was really great :D. Jonathan Ulysses was in the middle of his set on the Terrace when we got there and he was excellent. He was followed by two more DJs whose names I dont know but they were good as well. I thought Space was a great club as well. The whole day had a really cool atmosphere. I have'nt seen any references to this night(day!) anywhere though on this site??

Thanks for your help and advice

sorry you had a bad night......we must have got there at exactly the same time.... ;)

i haven't been to matinee at space yet..but i love ulysess on the terrace!

;)

Back