Underwater or Subliminal?

Drew

I'm going to book at table at Pacha restaurant.

Can anyone advise whether Underwater or Subliminal is best this year so i can book for that night (and no, i won't be doing both)

P.S. I have no preference musically - i like both.

:?:

Oops, should have the check the part calendar :oops:

Morillo and Choo Choo on 6th August - I'm there !!

Normally I’d say Subliminal but I personally think the line ups look slightly better for Underwater. Find out who’s playing on the particular night you’ll be there and decide from there.

I think you’re guaranteed a good night whichever one you go to.
:D

Yeah, I know but I've heard people really raving (pardon the pun) about the Underwater night.

I went to Subliminal (took a night off on Tue otherwise we would have gone to both). Heard rave reviews of Underwater but Subliminal was good. Not as busy as either of the weekend nights though. Worth going to just for the last few tracks. Erick did that disco ball effect where they shine a laser into it and light comes out at every angle, then pulsed it to bass. With all the club lights turned up it was quite an effect! Pacha looks really different in with the lights on! But I'd say either night would be good just see how the rest of the week shapes up and do the one that best suits. Morillio was much better than Choo Choo IMO not as dark and pounding, plus he loves to use the effects units. I like Emersons style though shame I didn't catch him.

will be doing Subliminal week 1 - rivera, morillo & nunez!!

was thinking about Underwater in week 2 but Chus & Ceballos at Amnesia look like getting the vote

Drew you know that I am the no 1 Erick fan but I blew him out last wk (based on his recent performances :rolleyes: ) and did Underwater on Tues and Soul Heaven on Weds, Darren Emerson pi$$ed all over Erick of recent days, when we go back, first wk we are going to do Underwater (cos it is my baby Jon Carter ;) ) and then second wk do both of their Closings. IMO Underwater guests this year are far superior to Subliminals (cept for Cassius there is no-one outside Subliminal family that Erick has got). Even Terra Deva guested at Underwater and I always thought she was as much of a Subliminal Missy as I was.

*Babs says prayer that she hopes Erick never reads this or he will sack me from my role as Subliminal Ambassador for London/SE :p *

I just came back from an 11 days break in Ibiza. Went to both. I went to Underwater on the 24th and the next day I did subliminal. Underwater was much much better. Groove Armada did a good job, however they lack the charisma of Mr. Morillo. Terra Deva was very excited she nearly kissed everyone near her.

moudire said:
I just came back from an 11 days break in Ibiza. Went to both. I went to Underwater on the 24th and the next day I did subliminal. Underwater was much much better. Groove Armada did a good job, however they lack the charisma of Mr. Morillo. Terra Deva was very excited she nearly kissed everyone near her.

Terra Deva is one hell of a sexy ladieeeeeeeeeeeeee, was most excited when she popped up at Underwater cos she wasn't on listings :D

cept for Cassius there is no-one outside Subliminal family that Erick has got).

nonsense...Deep Dish, Timo Maas, Josh Wink, Seb Fontaine, Audio Bullys are all world class...well, maybe not Mundane ;)

Plus, Morillo is a a bigger draw than Emerson IMO

andre27 said:
Plus, Morillo is a a bigger draw than Emerson IMO

Not at the moment, Erick doesn't seem to like spending his hard-earned money on new records :rolleyes: :confused:

Got Subliminal Sessions 5 yesterday and even as Erick's number 1 fan :p it's already very dated :rolleyes:

Got to say tho .. on the sleeve notes of Sub 5 he says : From the DJ: On this installment I wanted to do something different, so I decided to give you an inside look to my past by sharing records with you that have touched me during my 20 years DJ'ing. This compilation has some of my favourite classics alongside of what I consider to be tomorrow's hottest tracks .. .... I hope you enjoy this ride, I know I really, really enjoyed making it!

Erick Morillo.

So ... guess we will have heard loads before .. as, when you have sounds that you LOVE, they always come out to play!

*Saffy* said:
Got to say tho .. on the sleeve notes of Sub 5 he says : From the DJ: On this installment I wanted to do something different, so I decided to give you an inside look to my past by sharing records with you that have touched me during my 20 years DJ'ing. This compilation has some of my favourite classics alongside of what I consider to be tomorrow's hottest tracks .. .... I hope you enjoy this ride, I know I really, really enjoyed making it!

Erick Morillo.

So ... guess we will have heard loads before .. as, when you have sounds that you LOVE, they always come out to play!

Yeah I read that, I don't mind those 'classics' so much, it's hearing the so-called 'classics' that Erick just seems to keep insisting on churning out from last year.

I didn't see him at Subliminal but everyone I spoke to said the first 2 hours of his set were really dull and samey but then the last 2 hours it was Erick at his best :D So maybe he's getting over his dodgy patch :rolleyes: :p

Did you go see him at Bed Saffy last wkend??

Barbie .. I am SHAMED to admit I didnt go! Even with Mike working I could have gone on my own, and would have if I really wanted to!

I just had so muc IBIZA to digest, if you know what I mean, and I didnt want to spoil it all by going to BED when I knew it would be OVER PACKED as usual, and HOT HOT HOT with no escape at Fire Exits due to men with small penis's .....

Am going to go in August tho!

*Saffy* said:
Barbie .. I am SHAMED to admit I didnt go! Even with Mike working I could have gone on my own, and would have if I really wanted to!

I just had so muc IBIZA to digest, if you know what I mean, and I didnt want to spoil it all by going to BED when I knew it would be OVER PACKED as usual, and HOT HOT HOT with no escape at Fire Exits due to men with small *beep*'s .....

Am going to go in August tho!

He's playing at The Cross next wkend, I'm tempted to go but I know it will be rammmmmmmmmmmed :rolleyes: But then on other hand I am really letting Erick down in my role as Subliminal Ambassador for London/SE and he might sack me if I blow him out again :p :lol: ;)

Awww ... GO! If it were the weekend of the 19th I would be down there with you .. only Mike has to work weekends till then!

Tempted to go to Love Zoo, Notts, on Saturday for Allister Whitehead

Well it looks like Pinup on the Tuesday now so Sub it is.

I'm sure Eric will have gathered some momentum by August.

DrewUK said:
Well it looks like Pinup on the Tuesday now so Sub it is.

I'm sure Eric will have gathered some momentum by August.

You're not doing Soul Heaven at Pin-Up on the Weds then Drew??

Back