UK Hostage Margaret Hassan Dead

G

gecko2

A video has showing her murder is out. I hope it was one of the &*^&%&&*(*( who got splated in Falluja.

Extremely sad :(

I think all human beings should be able to decide their own fate. Unfortunately for most, this is not possible.

Let's hope she's gone to a better place than this rock we live on.

Yeah ... funny that her kidnap and ultimate death wasnt given the same news reportage as Bigleys .. And in my opinion, because she was there working as an Aid worker, she deserved far more help than that money grabbing arse hole ! Cos let's face it .. would YOU work over there knowing the situation ?

This has really saddened me this morning, it just goes to show, that these people will stop at nothing, the poor poor lady, all she did was help, its just sick :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Poor poor lady :cry: I was only thinking yesterday that there hadn't been as much on the news about her and wondered what was going on, then woke up this morning to see what those bastards had done :twisted:

stuie said:
:( at this news

*Saffy* said:
she deserved far more help than that money grabbing arse hole !

who was the money grabbing arse hole? :confused:

Ken Bigley .. who was out there to make money .. (ok, fair dues, we all want to make money, but would YOU have stopped there once people kept getting beheaded left, right and centre? )

The flipping oooh har his capture and death was given by the British press was way over the top !

Too right... the exposure this case has got compared to the Bigley case is typical British media.

I'm not saying any of the two deserved there fate but Bigley was a greedy man. Both Bigley and his family knew the risks he was taking by going to work in a war zone, Margaret Hassan on the other hand was living in the place she felt was home, the place she devoted her life to helping the Iraqi people... and for what?!?

It's really sad, I just hope she doesn't die in vain and is seen somewhat as a peace figure by the regular Iraqi people.

Wonder is there will be minutes silence round all the major sporting events this weekend for Margaret Hassan. :rolleyes:

I cant believe I have just read some of the stupid comments on this thread to be honest. Do you think it would help Iraq if all of the non-Iraqi workers left the country? Do you not think he could of earnt the same money in the UK or other countries in the world? :rolleyes:

The reason for over exposure in the press was firstly the appeals his family were putting out and secondly because the video of his death was published on the internet.

Umm and the press nigh on ignored the appeals from her family and the videos ... they didnt get the frontage that Bigley's capture did did they ? Why?

stuie said:
Do you not think he could of earnt the same money in the UK or other countries in the world? :rolleyes:

Exactly the point I was making .. GREED !

Let me ask you .. would YOU have stayed if you were him ?

*Saffy* said:
Umm and the press nigh on ignored the appeals from her family and the videos ... they didnt get the frontage that Bigley's capture did did they ? Why?

She hasnt lived in this country for 30 years... he was very well known here and remained an occupant.

*Saffy* said:
stuie said:
Do you not think he could of earnt the same money in the UK or other countries in the world? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't of gone if i was him.

If I could get paid the same amount of money in UK / Iraq i would choose UK. He chose Iraq... how does that make him greedy?

No .. she wasnt unpaid .. but she was married to an Iraqi so what should she have done, sat at home and kept house?

stuie said:
*Saffy* said:
stuie said:

I wouldn't of gone if i was him.

If I could get paid the same amount of money in UK / Iraq i would choose UK. He chose Iraq... how does that make him greedy?

Why should we have had such an outpouring of drama because of one man who CHOSE to stay in a country that was kidnapping and beheading ? If it were me I would have been out of there like a bloody shot, last job or not ! The Iraqi's must have been licking their lips at yet another British worker, cos let's face it, the British media LOVE this sort of thing ... what better publicity for those who kidnapped him !

Stuie .. thanks, it's ncie to get a good discussion going ... have got to get off to work now though, so I'm not not replying cos you have me stumped .. believe me, I can argue for England at times !

*Saffy* said:
If it were me I would have been out of there like a bloody shot

Surely the same must apply if you were Margaret Hassan. My point is that there is no real difference between the 2. Both died very tragic deaths and paid aid worker = paid engineer. Not an awful lot of difference to me. One certainly isnt a money grabbing arse hole if the other one isnt as I think they were both trying to help the Iraqi peeps.

*Saffy* said:
Stuie .. thanks, it's ncie to get a good discussion going ... have got to get off to work now though, so I'm not not replying cos you have me stumped .. believe me, I can argue for England at times !

:lol: :lol:

Back