UEFA SuperCup

Morbyd

So, who watched that last night?

I was in a bar with a very partisan crowd (aside from one table of 5 cute Russian girls who were strangely very pro-Manchester :lol:). Got a bit rowdy in there towards the end.

I thought Zenit St. Pete just outplayed Man U for long stretches. They sat back and rode their luck for the last 20 minutes or so, but then Paul Scholes did his worst imiation of Maradona and that was about it :lol:

2-1 was a fair result.... Group H in the Champions League (Real, Juventus, Zenit, Bate) just got a little more interesting...

Funniest moment last night: during the break, the camera panned across the Zenit fans. Young men bouncing up and down and dancing, interspersed with these absolutely gorgeous Russian girls decked out in their sky blue. Then they showed a section of the Manchester support....a bunch of 40ish men almost without exception sporting beer bellies, quietly waiting for the 2nd half to start :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched it alright and i don't really think United took it as seriously as Zenit did who were deserved winners on the nite, that Portugese guy Danny scored a superb goal.

Mate is over there, texted me to say Monte Carlo is outrageously expensive for everything and the fans were going to supermarkets to buy beer (i done the same in Milan fcuk that paying €12 a bottle) said loads of United fans sold their tickets to Russians for big money (capatilism well and truly integrated into Russian society now if they can afford to pay mega money for tickets) and United fans were just there on a jolly and didn't really take the match too seriously,every car seems to be a high end car like Ferrari and the locals are keeping their distance,but no trouble to report.

Ya, the losing side in a match like this always like to say the didn't take it too seriously :lol:

Fact is, Man U did take it seriously. The players were very obviously playing as best they could, and Sir Alex so much as said that they'd taken it seriously... so that excuse ain't gonna work, Jonny!

Danny is the real deal. Amazing solo goal. No idea why Dinamo Moskva would have sold him to Zenit, but a great signing by the St Pete team.

Ya, the losing side in a match like this always like to say the didn't take it too seriously :lol:

Fact is, Man U did take it seriously. The players were very obviously playing as best they could, and Sir Alex so much as said that they'd taken it seriously... so that excuse ain't gonna work, Jonny!

Danny is the real deal. Amazing solo goal. No idea why Dinamo Moskva would have sold him to Zenit, but a great signing by the St Pete team.

I couldn't care less mate, they didn't appear to take it seriously from what i seen anyway but as i said no skin off my nose as long as Celtic win tomorrow ill be happy:twisted:

United will kick it into high gear when the likes of Hargreaves, Carrick, and Ronaldo are back at full strength....oh and then there's Berbatov. Two horse race again this year.

They were showing it on the screen next to ours down at SportLand this afternoon so I saw the last 4 goals. Well done Rangers. Some cracking goals there...

first time at the dump for years

what a time to be there :D

Celtic Park a dump, what compared to Ibrox:eek: your having a laugh right.

I'm understandbly gutted here at the result and unlike Rangers when they lose there can be no excuses from Celtic, a shocking performance and im dumstruck at the performance of our usually super keeper Artur Boruc who had an absolute stinker.

Losing 4-2 at home though is bad,as much as it pains me but that was an excellent goal from Mendes and judas Miller played a stormer,but in general we were outplayed and Strachan should tear into the players after this.

Still look 0n the brightside, we are still in Europe and the forces of darkness aren't;)

really enjoyed the game, a couple of cracking goals!! (the Celtic Rangers one!)

with regard man u and zenit being a serious encounter or not - lets see who will be there or thereabouts come the final stages of the champions league ;)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
United's arrogrance showed through. They totally underestimated Zenit and paid the price.

Great game though Rangers Celtic.

Watched Barcelona last night and how they never got anything either out of their game i'll never know.

Back