U.S. airlines....

Morbyd

...suck!!

I was just looking at the baggage charges they tack on for every trip now.

For our Moscow-US flight, we'll be charged $150 :!: if any bag goes over 23kg.

Equally offensive, for our intra-US flight for New Years, we'll have to pay an extra $15/bag regardless of weight ($65 if one goes over the 23kg limit)

So basically this means carrying a minimum of clothes for a 2.5 week stay in 2 different climate zones :evil: And then there's the Christmas presents and the stuff we'll be bringing back after shopping the post-holiday sales, which undoubtedly will mean a 3rd bag :spank:

It was $50/bag for the overweight last year. Annoying but tolerable.

The major U.S. airlines are so unbelievably bloated, inefficient and incompetent that they keep cutting back service (most domestic flights now sell food a la carte!) and boosting charges and they're all still on the verge of bankruptcy. Yet somehow the low cost carriers manage not to fleece their customers and still make money.

Airlines in question are Delta and US Airways, by the way.

Rant over.
Thanks for listening :lol:

That's very interesting but I don't see how it fits within Ibiza Parties and Clubs :lol:;)

Most UK charter airlines are as bad, you get charged for just checking in luggage :rolleyes:

Absolutely no idea how I ended up posting this in here :lol:
I was just looking in open chat thinking, where'd my thread go :lol: :lol:

I'm sure someone will move it soon enough :lol:

Anyway, at least with the UK budget airlines you're paying a low fare and then adding bits and pieces on top of that price. With these U.S. airlines, you're paying insane full fares and they're still charging you extra. :evil:

probably something to do with the fact that most yanks weigh in at 170kg each.....simple physics if they all turn up with 25kgs of luggage (mostly cheeseboygers and marquee like pyjamas or mumus) then the plane aint getting off the ground fool!!!

probably something to do with the fact that most yanks weigh in at 170kg each.....simple physics if they all turn up with 25kgs of luggage (mostly cheeseboygers and marquee like pyjamas or mumus) then the plane aint getting off the ground fool!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

it always amazes me the bemused look that people have when they roll up to check in with about 3 trolleys of luggage and a 42" Plasma, and have that "what do you mean its over 20kg"

Actually, the US airlines have the most generous bagge allowances compared with other airlines.
2 x 23Kg.

A lot of airlines you are only allowed one bag of 23Kg

I just flew on Iberia and they wanted 300 euros to take my surf board to Costa Rica and back

Never fly with a US alrline.

The last time i did from Philly to Vegas i got poisoned by engine fumes in the cabin from the crappy old 757 they wheeled out of the shed for the trip.

How the hell do all the Indian/Pakistani famalies get away with the 600 bags each they have, umpteen boxes of god knows what crappy horrid food they try to smuggle in every time they fly etc..

There are ALWAYS families like this at airports and they never seem to have problems with the massive amounts of badly packed toxic luagage they ineviably have with them.

Yet when my rucksack is over 20kg i get turned right over.

Oh, Sar...don't even bother with hold luaggage in SE Asia. Just have the biggest rucksack that can be taken on board and buy new fake designer clothes from the markets everywhere then just throw them away. So much easier travelling without a bag.

Actually, the US airlines have the most generous bagge allowances compared with other airlines.
2 x 23Kg.

A lot of airlines you are only allowed one bag of 23Kg

I just flew on Iberia and they wanted 300 euros to take my surf board to Costa Rica and back
True, some will give you 2 bags on international flights. But I'm sure that's not for long given all the charges they've been implementing this autumn...

How the hell do all the Indian/Pakistani famalies get away with the 600 bags each they have, umpteen boxes of god knows what crappy horrid food they try to smuggle in every time they fly etc..
When I was looking on the US Airways website earlier (thus leading to the rant at the top of the page), I noticed that they had blacked-out certain destinations in Latin America. Flights to those areas are banned from extra bags and overweight :!:

Oh and British airlines aren't any better. BA lose your bag, cancel your flight and have crap customer service. Virgin are no where near as good as they used to be since they started cost cutting.

I only fly on Middle Eastern or Far Eastern carriers now.

When I was looking on the US Airways website earlier (thus leading to the rant at the top of the page), I noticed that they had blacked-out certain destinations in Latin America. Flights to those areas are banned from extra bags and overweight :!:

I wonder why ;) :D

Have you tried out Etihad yet, N8?
Aside from being the official Chelsea FC airline 8) they now fly Moscow-Abu Dhabi, with connecting flights to much of S/SE Asia. Thinking I might give them a try if/when I ever head in that direction. I've flown Emirates... they're nice but I think Etihad is cheaper.

The Moscow-London Aeroflot is actually quite a decent flight as well...better than BA and BMI on that route.

Etihad - my favourite :) Cannot fault them in any way at all. Flown to Abu Dhabi and Bangkok with them and back and to Dubai, perfection!

BA has also introduced a flat charge of (I think) 25 quid if your baggage is over weight. Pretty reasonable though, and they don't apply it to frequent flyers.

Finnair is pretty good actually, one of the few carriers giving you a warm meal and an unlimited amount of alcohol on a European flight.

I just read from somewhere that Canada has a new law about over weight passengers being able to get 2 seats for the price of one, meaning the prices will go up for everyone else too. Why someone who's twice (thrice?) as heavy as me gets 2 seats and the same amount of luggage as me while I pay top dolla for any luggage over weight... makes you wonder :lol:

Back