Two Tribes Review

vinylgroover

Attended the two tribes party here in Sydney over the weekend. 3 arena's, God's Kitchen, Global Underground and 3d world breaks arena. About 8-10,000 people attended.

Kicked off in the Global Underground arena with locals Jason Bye (has played Ibiza) and Mark Dynamix. Dynamix is one of Australia's best DJ's and played an awesome set of tech-house and progressive, warming up for Dave Seaman.

Just before catching Dave Seaman, i ventured to the GK arena where Judge Jules was playing. He played some breaks and even progressive stuff to my surprise before launching into hard house. GK was packed, so much so they had to close the doors to the arena for safety.

I went back to GU for Dave Seaman. Brilliant set. He tore the place apart. He played a very hard set of progressive, harder than i've heard him play before, which was a welcome surprise. Threw in a couple of surprises, among them a remix of Kylie Minogue's confide in me. When he dropped 'With or without you', the place erupted.

Up next in GU was Junkie XL. I wasn't sure whether to stay for his set, or to catch Armin Van Buurin in GK. I stayed and glad i did. Best set of the night. Only played for an hour and fiteen, but this guy is awesome. He plays live and his set was a brilliant mix of progressive, techno, breaks and even trance. Plays quite banging.........the crowd went nuts.

I then went to the breaks arena to watch the last part of Meat Katie's set. Very boring. Enough said. Next up in the breaks was Layo & Bushwacka. These guys could well be the best DJ act in the world. I'm not that into breaks, but these guys make it very easy to listen to. Breaks, house, techno, dirty, funky, big basslines......their set had it all.

I then ventured back to GU to hear Sander Kleinenberg. To be honest, i was a little disappointed in his set. He played quite dark......a little too dark for my liking and lost me a couple of times. The crowd didn't really seem to get into him and he didn't match the performance of Dave Seaman and Junkie XL before him. I was disappointed in him becase i like him as a DJ.

All in all, a great night. Disappointed that Mauro Picotto cancelled at the last minute due to illness. Highlights were definitely, Seaman, Layo & Bushwacka and Junkie Xl. Don't miss Junkie XL if you get a chance.

what an awesome line-up. what an awesome night. to be honest, you didnt miss much not having picotto playing. grossly overrated imho

It was a great night. Problem is, many of the set times were clashing so it was difficult to get around and see everyone......did my best though.

Back