Twitter !!

I'm conflicted on Eastwick. He's a bully and an arsehole but I do agree with him sometimes about some of the clueless divs getting into DJing for all the wrong reasons. It is totally a generational thing though and gotta say am well glad i'm out of it now and it probably is a bit tragic that any 50 yo still gives a fk about any of it anymore.

Iā€™ve missed the Eastwick/Skream bantz and a lot of deleted tweets now. What was the main issue? The Terry Farley one is brilliant! DJ Twitter been great today/yday

Iā€™ve missed the Eastwick/Skream bantz and a lot of deleted tweets now. What was the main issue?
Oli was blowing his own trumpet a bit over a string of tweets, although I genuinely don't think it was done in arrogance, just passion. In one he referred to "Skream" in the third person and that's what Eastwick bit on. But he didn't leave it and it escalated from there

Thanks mate. Iā€™ve always liked skream over the yearsā€¦does get a bit over excited from time to time but thatā€™s mainly because he loves the music and playing parties.

I was saying this last night - over the last couple of years, since all the heat of the 'plague rave' wars I've really started to notice the brewing conflict between the old v new school. It goes deeper than marketing or genres. I think it's more about the old timers having grown up at a time when people were naturally savage in fanzines, music mags, forums whereas the 'kids' (under 40s) now don't feel part of that and are hyper tuned into media and PR. I used to go on Faith forum a lot and at its peak it was funnier than any other website I've ever been on because people had savage wit and sharp bullshit detectors - but at the same time it was vicious to newcomers. random posters did get scarred and scurried back to the Defected forum or Subliminal or wherever. Not all the old timers cos I know Sheridan's really anti-bullying but most of the people who originally got into house are really precious about it, because it's that mindset that everything you created is being fcked over by imposters and social media. But throw in more gear than is healthy and an unforgiving ageing process and the more militant ones lash out. I think class is part of it too. A lot of the older heads grew up on the streets raised on hiphop graffiti illegal rave culture etc, whereas a lot of the younger DJs now are very middle class and have never climbed a fence in their life. And I get it. But my take is you can't hold back the sea. Let go. Be dignified. My advice to the old fckers would be give up. None of us own this. Join the chillout/boutique festie circuit instead where we all now belong.

Not much different to life in general when you think about. What was acceptable as "banter" even a decade ago is more frowned upon nowadays

The plague rave debate was interesting though, because Eastwick, Skream and Tim all lined-up on the same side

I was saying this last night - over the last couple of years, since all the heat of the 'plague rave' wars I've really started to notice the brewing conflict between the old v new school. It goes deeper than marketing or genres. I think it's more about the old timers having grown up at a time when people were naturally savage in fanzines, music mags, forums whereas the 'kids' (under 40s) now don't feel part of that and are hyper tuned into media and PR. I used to go on Faith forum a lot and at its peak it was funnier than any other website I've ever been on because people had savage wit and sharp bullshit detectors - but at the same time it was vicious to newcomers. random posters did get scarred and scurried back to the Defected forum or Subliminal or wherever. Not all the old timers cos I know Sheridan's really anti-bullying but most of the people who originally got into house are really precious about it, because it's that mindset that everything you created is being fcked over by imposters and social media. But throw in more gear than is healthy and an unforgiving ageing process and the more militant ones lash out. I think class is part of it too. A lot of the older heads grew up on the streets raised on hiphop graffiti illegal rave culture etc, whereas a lot of the younger DJs now are very middle class and have never climbed a fence in their life. And I get it. But my take is you can't hold back the sea. Let go. Be dignified. My advice to the old fckers would be give up. None of us own this. Join the chillout/boutique festie circuit instead where we all now belong.
You probs havenā€™t seen but theres an up and coming dj in Newcastle (PT has taken him under his wing) and heā€™s been doing some promotional stuff which is getting peoples attention. Iā€™ve noticed the older lot getting on their high horse about it when really itā€™s just a bit of fun. Heres an example ā€¦ and btw this is after Newcastle beat Chelsea at the weekend

This vid especially has resulted in Schak being interviewed (kind of) on sky sports news and heā€™s getting pelters off the older gen. Wether you like the music or not (im on the fence about his tune heā€™s promoting) surely theres no need for him to get stick over it?

You probs havenā€™t seen but theres an up and coming dj in Newcastle (PT has taken him under his wing) and heā€™s been doing some promotional stuff which is getting peoples attention. Iā€™ve noticed the older lot getting on their high horse about it when really itā€™s just a bit of fun. Heres an example ā€¦ and btw this is after Newcastle beat Chelsea at the weekend

This vid especially has resulted in Schak being interviewed (kind of) on sky sports news and heā€™s getting pelters off the older gen. Wether you like the music or not (im on the fence about his tune heā€™s promoting) surely theres no need for him to get stick over it?

People are taking the piss cos it's a bit shit. As critics before them have done for thousands of years. However, that said, good luck to him/them. Prefer to see them all having a good time than causing aggro at some corporate cowshed rave.

Got vague memories of him putting a few bits out on innervisions a good few years ago?

Can never really be sure though eh could be a spoof version of himā€¦god knows! Assuming TF was following him in the first place?

His Nanna Makina skits were class over lockdown, Never met him but have mutual friends of and they all say the lad is as down to earth as it gets so fair play to him a say

His Nanna Makina skits were class over lockdown, Never met him but have mutual friends of and they all say the lad is as down to earth as it gets so fair play to him a say
Yeah heā€™s soundāœŒļøwhen i last spoke to him im sure nana makina been knocked on the head nowšŸ¤£

Yeah heā€™s soundāœŒļøwhen i last spoke to him im sure nana makina been knocked on the head nowšŸ¤£
Yes mate soon as he started to gain a bit of traction with Patty he gave it a swerve, seen him as nana at digi was class šŸ˜‚

Twitter is supposed to be fun, and I am pleased to report that I managed to troll close to 100 Germans today.

When you get almost100 interactions to a post, but not a single new follower, then you've really hit a nerve. ;)

What's struck me more and more in the last few days, is how the conversation surrounding Musk has an eerie echo of Trump

In the sense that he will post something objectively stupid and his weird little fan club will back him to the hilt and insist it's some kind of strategically nuanced power-play

Back