Twitter

Robder

Starting to embrace it as a mildly entertaining way to get a snapshot of what sharp tongued acquaintances are up to.

However - Instead of viewing the people I want to see I'm getting a deluge of industry tweets and mundane travel blogs. It's hard to trawl through the dross to get any of the fancy 2.0 user driven benefits. (see, know all the lingo me! ;) :lol:)

Does anyone know how to customise which tweets I see on my main page? Is it just as simple as culling friends? Want to avoid this if possible as despite them being boring kuntz, I'd quite like to keep them on the radar.

I use it for my work to track journalists but that's it - as a general purveyor of gossip and cybernarcissim, I think it still lags way behind the farcebook live feed

presumably you choose who you follow and only their tweets appear on your twitter homepage?

am increasingly bored with f***book too though. the spamming has just got well out of hand + people you don't know adding you because you met for 5 minutes in a pub. Culling names is easier said than done though...

Have about 350 'friends' on Facestalk. I probably speak to 30 or so on a regular basis. The live feed is dominated by 3/4 people who post incessantly between 7am & midnight. To be fair it's all highly interesting stuff along the lines of... "snowing... hopefly will now not go in work. lolz... haha." "nicola t is a ugly dog... haha... lolz... even emma ain't that much ova slag... sorry emma... haha... rofl xxxxxx."

post-5758-1225601204.gif

Seriously considering getting rid... however, the 0.000001% chance of some 'action' from it keeps me on there. I really am pathetic.

Tried Twitter and was :confused: .

Who knows what t'internet will introduce us to in the next decade.

Have about 350 'friends' on Facestalk. I probably speak to 30 or so on a regular basis. The live feed is dominated by 3/4 people who post incessantly between 7am & midnight. To be fair it's all highly interesting stuff along the lines of... "snowing... hopefly will now not go in work. lolz... haha." "nicola t is a ugly dog... haha... lolz... even emma ain't that much ova slag... sorry emma... haha... rofl xxxxxx."

post-5758-1225601204.gif

haha!!! pretty similar here :lol::lol:

mine is dominated by a DJ, a promoter and 2 girls akin to how the W.LDN rudeboy describes above.

twitter seems to work. that story on the left i posted this am about flower power in san an hasn't had one hit from the side bar here on the forum but three from our twitter stream.

twitter seems to work. that story on the left i posted this am about flower power in san an hasn't had one hit from the side bar here on the forum but three from our twitter stream.

what's the link for the spotlight twitter stream

Yup - love it or hate it - it's the future.

(I remember saying this on here ages ago and getting crucified.) :confused:

Back