TV Boxsets

Everyone loves it but didn't work for me at all ?

I used the word amazing in the literal sense (ie as in astonishing). I thought it was great TV in the way there were constant shocks and twists along with some genuine LOL moments but ultimately a really depressing comment on humanity and red state freakshow America

I am a big fan of dramatic documentaries on unexpected or obscure themes or things we'd forgotten about. Wild Wild Country is the absolute best thing I've ever seen on netflix (if you haven't yet seen it)

always up for recommendations on the historical stuff

I agree. It's a captivating "what the actual f@#&" series of events. But in terms of editing and presentation, it's a pretty average piece of television
Narrative and character driven entertainment for sure

Better Call Saul is amazing, one of the few programs that gets better each series. Made with love and patience

Been rattling through the 2nd series this week, two episodes a night. It's rare for me to watch two episodes of telly in a row, so it must be doing something very well. It's not like a lot hinges on high tension or action either - these are just characters that are a joy to spend time with and it's all so beautifully filmed (just like BB). Much prefer this to faster paced shows.

we've started watching ozark the other day. pretty good so far! we never watch a lot of tv (we don't even have one, laptops only), but now it's a little more.

Back