Tune ID - Layo & Bushwacka! sets

I

Imposter

I am looking for the name that I've heard L&B play recently.

It was their first tune on the Glastonbury 2003 Essential Mix and Bushwacka! played it at their night in The End last month.

They mess about with the tune a lot in their Glasto set but I think it has a speeded up female vocal saying 'Never have another/lover' (not too sure which.

Thanks!

ok, i've managed to pick up some more of the lyrics:

I gave my love, my heart, my everything
Tell you what I wanna do
Baby its what you do

or something like that ?!?

yeah, i reckon that's it .... thanks for that.

blindin' tune!

AAAHHHH!!! I think this tune is on a cd I have at home + its been going round + round in my head since I read this post yesterday. Do you think I can remember which CD its on to listen to it????? :evil: For some reason, I think its quite an old cd??? I could be thinking of something else, but HAVE TO FIND whatever I'm thinking of! Any suggestions anyone???

Imagine the CD massacre when I get home later, fifty millon cd's and cases all over the place while I'm tearing my hair out trying to find it! :twisted: (well maybe not quite fifty million - i have been known to exaggerate! ;) )

Its on the James Lavelle - Barecelona Global Underground CD2 (not too sure if its the same mix as I haven't got the Lavelle GU). The singles were released on Monday.

The Discogs website is good for finding out where tracks appear on compilations.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Layo_-_Bushwacka!

It's quite an old tune with a new vocal - it's track 3 on their last long player 'Night Works' and is called 'Shining Through'.

Mark Sun said:
It's quite an old tune with a new vocal - it's track 3 on their last long player 'Night Works' and is called 'Shining Through'.

Don't have that album, but you're a GEM! The light just went on :idea: :idea: :idea: Think I've just remembered where I have it.... Its on a really really old mix tape that a cous of mine recorded at one of his gigs..... If its the one I'm thinking of its mega housey.....?

Lucky I didn't tear the place apart looking for it on cd - its in the boot of my car!

To tell you the truth I can barely remember how the underlying track goes, the vocal is so powerful! That's what sticks in my head, and that's what brings me back to dancing on the table at Bora Bora 8) 8) 8)

It is one of those tracks that you think you already know even if its the first time you've heard....absolutely rocked had The End.

looking forward to hearing it next week when i get to Ibiza

Imposter said:
Its on the James Lavelle - Barecelona Global Underground CD2 (not too sure if its the same mix as I haven't got the Lavelle GU). The singles were released on Monday.

The Discogs website is good for finding out where tracks appear on compilations.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Layo_-_Bushwacka!

Have this - perhaps that's it instead... will dig both out later! Thanks for that folks - would have been driven demented otherwise!!! :twisted:

I'm sure the first song on that essential mix is Word of Mouth - Reach out?

Got that track on the GU CD, but not the one I was thinking of! Still wrecking my head :rolleyes: Get over it kell!

Back