Tuesdays @ Amnesia

CanadaKid said:
Robo said:
CanadaKid said:
Amnesia have really done a number on all clubs, clubbers and themselves with that trademark fiasco. Lucky they still have Cream packing it in.

and cocoon, and la troya......

:lol: :lol:

My mistake about forgetting Coccoon. I don't know how busy La Troya is there, though. Anywayz, my point is what Amnesia did to cause all these problems.

a few years ago, someone using a loophole in European copyright law - registered a few promoter names (like Clockwork Orange, Gods Kitchen (i think) and Gatecrasher).

they then offered them the use of the names in Ibiza for a considerable fee.

some paid (i believe Gods Kitchen did), others didn't (clockwork became Orange Summer of Love and Gatecrasher became GC).

eventually it was alledged that Amnesia were behind it (dunno if was ever confirmed)

i think thats why Gods Kitchen went from Amnesia (2001) to Eden (2002).

hence why there could be some bad feelings there - Crasher probably blames the failure the last time they were in Ibiza on the fact that they couldn't use the Gatecrasher name to promote.

I have to agree, it will be a complete waste if Armin van Buuren does not grace the shores of the white isle this year. Although he has been around a few years now, I felt 2002 was the year that he properly arrived at forefront of trance. Infact, I would go as far as to say, that after his peak time set at Global Gathering, his mix of Sloar Stone 'Seven Cities' and his Godskitchen Ibiza residency, the suumer if not the year belonged to him.

I do hope Gatecrasher put on tuesday nights at Amnesia, not just so we can see Armin van Buuren, but also Ferry Corsten as previuosly mentioned, plus Gatecrashers own quality residents. I think Gatecrashers addition to the Ibiza calendar will be a very welcome one, and one I hope will happen.

Barbie said:
It's one of the biggest mysteries this season :rolleyes: Everyone is just going on what you've already mentioned, but no definite confirmation from Gatecrasher yet :rolleyes: They're leaving it very late in the day methinks, also the fact that Gatecrasher@Heaven is no more and Gatecrasher@The Republic is on hold during the summer makes me wonder if this is the end of Crasher as we know it.

I don't know what they're up to in Ibiza but I know that Gatecrasher as a brand is going through some fundamental changes for the future. They are moving away from the trance sound and branding out into other genres of music including rock! How weird is that.

Bubble said:
Barbie said:
It's one of the biggest mysteries this season :rolleyes: Everyone is just going on what you've already mentioned, but no definite confirmation from Gatecrasher yet :rolleyes: They're leaving it very late in the day methinks, also the fact that Gatecrasher@Heaven is no more and Gatecrasher@The Republic is on hold during the summer makes me wonder if this is the end of Crasher as we know it.

I don't know what they're up to in Ibiza but I know that Gatecrasher as a brand is going through some fundamental changes for the *beep*ure. They are moving away from the trance sound and branding out into other genres of music including rock! How weird is that.

:confused: Gatecrasher doing rock? What? When? Matt Hardwick finished his set with idioteque by radiohead at the last RnB, but thats the closest I've ever heard them get to rock... If anything they're returning to more mainstream euphoric trance and ditching the harder and more progressive stuff

My housemate's girlfriend is out in ibiza at the moment and says crasher is still on for tuesdays...apparently... I hope it is. I reeeeeeeeeeally hope it is, but it's really not looking too likely anymore

Hmm.. I bought the Gatecrasher Resident Transmission 02 - CD and in the leaflet is says clearly : "Ibiza Season, Ibiza 2003, Tuesdays @ Amnesia " :rolleyes:

Defo no Gc

Amnesia have even pencilled in other nights anyway.. check there website

Robo - that Armin thing is bullshit. Just a shit stiring fake.

Back