Trip to Paris - Advice and Help Plz :-)

xxVic-zeexx

Wohoooo after 2 years of dating numpty after numpty i have finally found the man for me :D thus meaning my trip to Paris for a romantic weekend can be fullfilled, YAY (cue the 'gay' comments and 'puke' actions :lol: )

Im sure alot of you have all been to Paris, for probably all diff reasons....

This is what i would like / am after...

3 Nights, Travel by Eurostar from Ebbsfleet and a decent, non chain, hotel in a good location for all the places to be seen in Paris :lol: (i will do my research dont worry lol)

Anyone know of any websites where the above can be matched and sorted at a fairly cheap price ?! Any suggestions for things to do and see will be greatly appreciated 8)

You should look rent an apartment for 3days,we had one close to the latin quater a few years ago it was great.Get some more info for you later.:)

Another completely useless thread revitalised there Buckers!

Vicky - we stayed here when we went http://www.acacias-paris-hotel.com/

Would really recommend it. Right near the Arc de Triomphe, a couple of great bistro's / bars nearby, and the breakfast here is lush! It was about €120 a night but that was a few years back ;)

wicked, thanks :D
We filled the fridge with booze from the supermarket and sat on the balcony for drinks to save money.The bars and restaurant around latin quarter are great and not as expensive as other parts of the city.

Last edited by a moderator:
We filled the fridge with booze from the supermarket and sat on the balcony for drinks to save money.The bars and restaurant around latin quater are great and not as expensive as other parts of the city.

I never thought of doing it this way, few questions tho...

1. Is it worth doing just for 2 people ?

and

2. Is it cheaper or more expensive than a hotel ?

Another completely useless thread revitalised there Buckers!

Vicky - we stayed here when we went http://www.acacias-paris-hotel.com/

Would really recommend it. Right near the Arc de Triomphe, a couple of great bistro's / bars nearby, and the breakfast here is lush! It was about €120 a night but that was a few years back ;)

Did you book your trip through an Agent or direct with the hotel ?!

Kinda want to do a package thing as i am lazy and its easy done :lol:

I never thought of doing it this way, few questions tho...

1. Is it worth doing just for 2 people ?

and

2. Is it cheaper or more expensive than a hotel ?
It cost 350 for 3nts,always found it hard to find the right hotel in paris before when we booked through an agent.Rooms can be tiny..

Did you book your trip through an Agent or direct with the hotel ?!

Kinda want to do a package thing as i am lazy and its easy done :lol:

Direct with the hotel - I NEVER book through agents :eek: :lol:

Ok, I do sometimes if I am exceptionally lazy :twisted:

There's gazillions of train + hotel packages on the net, just Google it. There's some pretty good deals on the actual Eurostar website at the moment to. Jan 2012 is looking pretty cheap...

Direct with the hotel - I NEVER book through agents :eek: :lol:

Ok, I do sometimes if I am exceptionally lazy :twisted:

There's gazillions of train + hotel packages on the net, just Google it. There's some pretty good deals on the actual Eurostar website at the moment to. Jan 2012 is looking pretty cheap...

Yeah tbh it is a lazy man option, but also for that you pay for being lazy so i should do it all seperate, more of an adventure i find doing it that way :D haha

Yeah i have been looking every now and then just there is SO much i never know what site to stop at :lol: i did, however, look at the euro star site the other day and i think they didnt have february available just yet - if your gona do paris, might aswell do it around valentines day, ai :D

I hear it's dead in Paris from 13-15 Feb every year :lol:

Well if one takes a visit to it's graveyards then yes i'm sure one would find it's dead but overall Paris is very quiet nightlife wise between July- August period when most bars apart from the anglo speaking tourists ones stay open till 2am. A very good bar popular with the locals (18-40ish i'm too old but so what) for drinking in and which is open all year round (except french bank holidays) until 5-6am most times is the Madmaker Pub situated off rue Cujas, Latin Quarter.

Mad Maker Pub, Bar à Paris sur Cityvox

Not only are there happy hours cheap including 13 euros for a beer (4 pints) Jug of your selection choice of 6x beers on tap but a great ambiance of young & old get to mingle together. Everytime i visit the place i always order a jug of Snakebite or two and often end up getting a taxi because i'm to R'sed to walk:lol:

Angleterre Etoile 21 rue Copernic | 16th Arr., 75116 Paris, France

This hotel was good near the Arc de triumph and walking distance to the Champs and Eiffel tower. It had a good price.

Well if one takes a visit to it's graveyards then yes i'm sure one would find it's dead but overall Paris is very quiet nightlife wise between July- August period when most bars apart from the anglo speaking tourists ones stay open till 2am. A very good bar popular with the locals (18-40ish i'm too old but so what) for drinking in and which is open all year round (except french bank holidays) until 5-6am most times is the Madmaker Pub situated off rue Cujas, Latin Quarter.

Mad Maker Pub, Bar à Paris sur Cityvox

Not only are there happy hours cheap including 13 euros for a beer (4 pints) Jug of your selection choice of 6x beers on tap but a great ambiance of young & old get to mingle together. Everytime i visit the place i always order a jug of Snakebite or two and often end up getting a taxi because i'm to R'sed to walk:lol:

LMFAO - loved this post, it just screams 'I am an partying alcoholic' :lol:

As much as the BF do love a good drink and partying session, i would like Paris to be a bit more subdude then wel smash it in Cancun for Spring Break :D

LMFAO - loved this post, it just screams 'I am an partying alcoholic' :lol:

As much as the BF do love a good drink and partying session, i would like Paris to be a bit more subdude then wel smash it in Cancun for Spring Break :D

Is this a vailed S/M reference?;):lol: Subdued is the correct spelling.

Pere Lachaise
Musee D'orsay

visit bar sancerre on rue de abbesses opposire sacre coeur

for nice meal table d'anvers in place d'anvers

Back