Travelling solo this year (and oh yeah, I'm back BTW...)

markEg

So, yeah - as the title of this thread says.

But 1st... a little background if I may...

Its been almost 3 - yes "THREE" years since I last posted here... I know, I know, shame on me - but during that time, I got engaged on the Beautiful Isle, moved into a flat 2gether in the UK with the new missus (who funnily enough, I met in Pacha) but to cut a long story short - well, we're now, way, way divorced, living apart and well I'm going to admit something I wouldnt normally shout out about on a forum.

What am I on about, I hear u say? Well, ok, simple version - when we split up I turned to drugs :(

And no, no the happy kind (its ok, I wont get too graphical here), nor the mellow smokey kind... but the BAD, BAD, VERY BAD, life wrecking sort. Obviously I aint proud - I am very, very, ashamed :oops:

I mean just how could someone who danced to Tony de Vit on the seafront beach bars during the 90's and sweated the nights away in Amnesia, Pacha then done the 26 hours of Space on Sundays/ DC10 combo in 2002 03, ever turn to such an evil soul destroying drug.

Answer - at the time, I tried it - without mentioning it, you know what "it" is, Im sure... It seemed a very, very, easy way to escape all my problems, what with the divorce, ex going off with a friend, loss of the flat - list seemed to go on and on and on and... you get the idea.

OK so anyhoo, that was in the past, so to speak - so its now been one year almost to the day, Ive been 100% clean - not even a spliff - the odd beer, but zero else. ONE YEAR - maybe to some of you, that means literally, squat - but to me its like I've climbed a mountain - and a bloody high one at that too

And to celebrate, I want to go back to "my" Island - the place Ive enjoyed many a good time at, year, after year, after year, in the past, many times before - I dunno, to me it seems fitting to go back :)

So now Ive spilled out what Ive been up to for the last year - crikey - 2 to 3 years ago, I was never away from these boards (I assume Barbie, McRackin and his awesome foto's & Ibiza Girl(ie) still haunt these boards??) what I need is a little advice...

Having gone through, what I have, one of the best ways to quit any addiction, is to stop hanging around with anyone who you associated with during the "bad" times...

Now - this leaves me with the problem of - 1st, only having mates from University, which Ive just started and 2. having no-one else to travel to Ibiza with.

Sooooo. from Scotland - how easy is it, how cheap can it be, is it better to fly/ sleep seperate and overall, whats it actually like travelling alone.

Never travelled anywhere alone outside the UK before (except to Amsterdam cuz I worked for KLM n got supa cheap flights LOL)

Should I be as intimidated as I am feeling right now - or will the whole travelling part be just as straightforward as if I was going with a partner/ group.

Sorry folks for the HUGE post - but I feel I'm about to become a regular part of the furniture, here at Spotlight, so thought I'd best be trotally honest about my background/ absence from here!!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice

Oh yeah, and hi guys - doubt you'll remember me, but it feels REAL GOOD to be back here ;)

... moved into a flat 2gether in the UK with the new missus
(who funnily enough, I met in Pacha) ...
30aqonb.gif

... someone who danced to Tony de Vit on the seafront beach bars during the 90's ...
... sweated the nights away in Amnesia, Pacha ...
... then done the 26 hours of Space on Sundays/ DC10 combo in 2002 03 ...
2rwpy61.gif

... OK so anyhoo, that was in the past, so to speak -
so its now been one year almost to the day, Ive been 100% clean ...
. ONE YEAR - maybe to some of you, that means literally, squat -
but to me its like I've climbed a mountain - and a bloody high one at that too
And to celebrate, I want to go back to "my" Island ...
23lfqc1.gif

... whats it actually like travelling alone.
Never travelled anywhere alone outside the UK before ...
Should I be as intimidated as I am feeling right now -
or will the whole travelling part be just as straightforward as if I was going with a partner/ group ...
lots of people travelling "alone" to ibiza - not the slightest problem :)
dozens of threads about "travelling alone" @ spotlight-forums:
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=62402

Back