TRAVELLERS CHEQUES OR DEBIT CARDS

S

showtime

WHAT IS THE BEST TO TAKE ?

EURO TRAVELLER CHEQUES
( DO YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU TO CASH OR SPEND THEM )

OR TO USE DEBIT CARD
( ARE THERE PLENTY OF CASH MACHINES ABOUT )

Not been to Ibiza before, but from past experiences I'd take both. Maybe take the bulk of your spending money in travellelers cheques as if they're lost/stolen they are easier to replace on holiday than your card. Yes you will need your passport on you to get the money (but you'll have that on you already, wont you?)

If you have one, I'd take visa over switch as you can get money at the bureau de change's rather than having to rely upon holes in the wall which can give you quite a poor rate of exhange.

I think they'll be plenty cash machines which'll accept switch as there are so many tourists there, however they can be quite a temptation and result in you spending way over your budget.

Yeah there's quite a few cash machines about. Loads of them in Ibiza town, and quite a few in San Antonio - so im sure ur have no probs.

Definately Debit card. Better exchange rates & no fee's! (maybe Atm fee's)

debits better

true traveller's cheques can be traced but it's too much of a hassle to have to bring your passport every time you need to get them cashed....what happens if you lose the passport??? I think that is something to worry about...bank cards are much more convenient.....I use mine all the time pretty much everywhere I go.......

There is post on pick pockets in the "parties and clubs" forum. Please read.

My entire trip, all i used was my ATM card, great xchange rates, and low ATM fees. There r tons of ATM machines everywhere, and if u DO get ur ATM card pickpocketed, there would be no way they could take money out unless they knew ur pin. All in all, a safe solution.

micheal

The card is better because there are enough cash machines. But also take a small reservoir of traveller checks along. In some of my nights no cash machine (in Playa D´en Bossa and Ibiza Town) worked and I was glad to have the checks.

Your British bank card needs to have the Cirrus sign on the back to work abroad. Some cards....Bank of Scotland switch don't always have the Cirrus.

No Cirrus......no moola!!!!

But if you're card's nicked you'll have a pretty crappy holiday-it's bad enough when it's lost/stolen at home!

Always prepare for such situations

I think it's best not to only rely on one thing that could be easily lost or stolen. A friend of mine left some cash, his wallet and cards on a table on his hotel balcony - the sun warped his debit and credit card. :lol: fool. :rolleyes:

Back