Traveling in late September -- Concerned :(

Trip cancelled :(

Well guys, unfortunately, the girl I was supposed to pulled a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde on me. Suddenly she became this psycho woman, and even if things were to be resolved, there's no way in hell I would travel to Ibiza with her.

I am so bummed because Swedish House Mafia & David Guetta were the closing shows I was hoping to see for the closing of Pacha...

Hopefully next year I will be able to make it out there in the summer again and go during the opening instead of closing time.

To all of you that are going or are there, have fun and drink on behalf of your fellow companion in the USA :)

Well guys, unfortunately, the girl I was supposed to pulled a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde on me. Suddenly she became this psycho woman, and even if things were to be resolved, there's no way in hell I would travel to Ibiza with her.

I am so bummed because Swedish House Mafia & David Guetta were the closing shows I was hoping to see for the closing of Pacha...

Hopefully next year I will be able to make it out there in the summer again and go during the opening instead of closing time.

To all of you that are going or are there, have fun and drink on behalf of your fellow companion in the USA :)

Go on your own! There will be plenty of people to meet! You will have a better time than going with your psycho friend!

but i wouldn't be too bummed about missing swedish house mafia or guetta

bullet dodged

Agreed! !!

But, from a North American standpoint that is what a lot of people know over here.

I have friends that are my age and love clubbing but have never heard of many well known DJs who play at Dc10 or Amnesia.

They all like Guetta, Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren (stuff I cringe at!) but have never even heard of Sven Vath, Danny Tenaglia, Carl Cox ( and many many more even more well known DJs)

Agreed! !!

But, from a North American standpoint that is what a lot of people know over here.

I have friends that are my age and love clubbing but have never heard of many well known DJs who play at Dc10 or Amnesia.

They all like Guetta, Ferry Corsten, Armin Van Buuren (stuff I cringe at!) but have never even heard of Sven Vath, Danny Tenaglia, Carl Cox ( and many many more even more well known DJs)

Don't speak for all of North America. I would go on my own. That is how you meet new clubbing friends. A DJ or music night is your choice. The club and people make the night. An open mind is the key to having a good time.

I'd say go alone, but I also know if it came to it i'd find it difficult to do.

The idea of checking in, going to BoraBora or where ever and ordering that first drink by yourself is a bit daunting... i guess after a few hierbas it would all be fine though 8)

Don't speak for all of North America. I would go on my own. That is how you meet new clubbing friends. A DJ or music night is your choice. The club and people make the night. An open mind is the key to having a good time.

Where did I say anything about North americans not going on their own?

I've gone on my own several times to Ibiza... I was talking about IN GENERAL most north americans into clubbing know about commerical types of music like Guetta, tiesto and a lot of trance, but little of other DJs like Vath, cox Villalobos etc!

Where did I say anything about North americans not going on their own?

I've gone on my own several times to Ibiza... I was talking about IN GENERAL most north americans into clubbing know about commerical types of music like Guetta, tiesto and a lot of trance, but little of other DJs like Vath, cox Villalobos etc!

I was also talking about the generalization about the DJ's and music

Wow, sorry guys, I didn't receive any email notifications!

Ya, I definitely got bummed about not going there & having the girl turn psycho on me. Imagine a friend of yours that's really mellow, down to earth, and never gets angry.
But all of a sudden blows up & yells at you for the most insignificant issue! Lol...that's exactly what happened.

But I was definitely considering taking this other girl with me & I know it'd be awesome. However, she can't go for 2 issues.
1. Is "dating" this guy, but she's not into him
2. Only has 1 week for vacationing & mostly would like to travel to Italy

I would love to go on my own, but honestly, Ibiza was a spontaneous idea I had & it just ran along. I initially was going to go with the crazy friend to Paris, then Italy.
But decided that Paris may be to mellow for young mid-20's folks like us. So, Ibiza came into the picture.

Now, for those that bash the huge commercial DJ's...I just love their music. I do know other DJ's that aren't big commercial successes, but I would have loved to seen these 2 events. I love all kinds of music so it doesn't bother me if the artist is a commercial success or not...I'm not a bandwagon jumper, lol.
Like many successful artists say, "I don't understand why it is that when we are not known, that we are great. But the instant we start to become popular, we are called 'sell-outs'?"

I respect them all, whether they are good or bad, there's still a lot of hard-work & effort put into their projects. :)

I would love to go on my own, but honestly, Ibiza was a spontaneous idea I had & it just ran along. I initially was going to go with the crazy friend to Paris, then Italy.
But decided that Paris may be to mellow for young mid-20's folks like us. So, Ibiza came into the picture.

So why can't you go on your own??:D

So why can't you go on your own??:D

Well, I'm a contractor at my work. And it's so effing hard to get a permanent position here. So, I was budgeting the entire trip based on the 2 of us. My contract with the company ends mid-September. So, I have to be careful on spending too much.

I was looking to save up a minimum of $6,000 to go to Barcelona, Ibiza, then Rome. Which was more than enough if the 2 of us went. But the Euro is still high and traveling by yourself can actually be a bit more expensive. Honestly, I think a minimum of $3k is necessary for 1 week in Ibiza to really enjoy yourself (including air fare).
But I do agree with another member that mentioned the fact of getting a drink on your own is a bit weird..haha.

I am a social person, so I would definitely talk to other people in Ibiza.

...Maybe me not going is a sign. That time that I would have gone to Europe is during my law admissions test. So, it will give me time to study for the law test, then plan a trip with a good job and not have worries...

It's IBIZA... it takes around 1-2 hours to not be alone anymore, but having a nice girl on your side... :)

having a crazy girl with you is better fun....:D It always good to run a mile when some billy no mates trys to be best buds,unless there off there heads of course..8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Hey everyone.
Once again I would like to think everyone on this thread for tips, advices & opinions about traveling to Ibiza.

I have finally decided it's best to save up as much play money and go there during the opening for clubs in Ibiza. From all the research it seems like the openers are just as amazing as the ending.

This time I don't care if I go with someone or by myself. I'll make sure to get to know you all really well via the internet and link up if you all decide to go in the beginning for 2012 :)

Hey everyone.
Once again I would like to think everyone on this thread for tips, advices & opinions about traveling to Ibiza.

I have finally decided it's best to save up as much play money and go there during the opening for clubs in Ibiza. From all the research it seems like the openers are just as amazing as the ending.

This time I don't care if I go with someone or by myself. I'll make sure to get to know you all really well via the internet and link up if you all decide to go in the beginning for 2012 :)

can you wait a full 12 months though?!!! It's a long time :lol:

Back