TRAVELERS CHEQUES OR CASH MACHINES

I have done occasionally but you have to be careful because you never know exactly how much you’re spending cos of the exchange rate etc. if you take a set amount of money out with you, you know exactly how much you’re spending. I always take my cards out with me though just in case I need extra money (I nearly always do :rolleyes: )

This topic has been done quite a few times before and basically everyone has their own ideas of what is best, but I would recommend using the cash machines as they are so convenient.

However, as cards can easilly get lost or stolen, I tend to take my Visa as well (but only use in emergencys) and about £300 worth of traveller's cheques for the first few days or incase something awful happens.

I work for Halifax and would reccomend taking the cash as there is a 1.50 charge per transaction and currency conversion fee 2.25% for cash machines.

ruth said:
I work for Halifax and would reccomend taking the cash as there is a 1.50 charge per transaction and currency conversion fee 2.25% for cash machines.

So you would advise just taking out travellers cheques then?

Yeah, or better still take cash and get a saftey deposit box once you are there.

Get a Nationwide debit and credit card, they don't charge the fee's (upto 4.5%) on each transaction. Cards are the most flexible way to travel the world. Most big clubs take cards for drinks, so be careful not to be too flash and buy everyone drinks all night!

I'd feel a bit worried taking so much cash with me on the plane. Cash cab't be replaced unlike cards or traveller's cheques.

but most travel insurance policys cover you for lost or stolen cash. But Trav cq's do seem to be the safest.

kitten's head said:
I'd feel a bit worried taking so much cash with me on the plane. Cash cab't be replaced unlike cards or traveller's cheques.

get one of those wallets thats you strap to your self and you can hide money in them

go to a travellers shop and you can buy one not expensive, i've got a sock one its wicked :D

We're taking a mixture of everything.

I'll always have my cash machine card just for emergencies.

I definately wouldn't take all cash - its too risky.

my boyfriend did loads , there is one by the space shop and near the club that host's spank my bf always used 8)

KAZ 69 said:
DOES ANYONE JUST USE THE CASH MACHINES IN IBIZA INSTEAD OF ORGANISING YOUR CURRENCY BEFORE YOU GO :?:

thats all i used...but its wise to keep a record of just how many times you took out money because its quite easy when your in a bit of a state to forget taking out that 100 euros you thought you still had.. :oops:

Back