Transformers 2...

have to agree, saw it last night and was full of expectations, but, it was to full of slapstick comedy, cliche lines and inuendo, couldnt wait to get out of the cinema :confused:

The actions scenes were good though so full marks to the special effects.

I was so disappointed by the first one that I have little/no expectations for this one when I get around to seeing it.

The plot was so bad it was painful. The action sequences were great but usually too fast and short to enjoy. That Shia Lebouef kid is a bit annoying.

Redeeming quality = Megan Fox 8)

I was so disappointed by the first one that I have little/no expectations for this one when I get around to seeing it.

The plot was so bad it was painful. The action sequences were great but usually too fast and short to enjoy. That Shia Lebouef kid is a bit annoying.

Redeeming quality = Megan Fox 8)

And the other bird who makes a play for Sam who in the end is a nasty decepticon!! Took my son to watch it on Friday. Really bored! Just spent 2hrs trying to decide who is the fittest Megan Fox or the decepticon bird! Does anyone know her name??

And the other bird who makes a play for Sam who in the end is a nasty decepticon!! Took my son to watch it on Friday. Really bored! Just spent 2hrs trying to decide who is the fittest Megan Fox or the decepticon bird! Does anyone know her name??

Thanks for spoiling the film for everyone

TWAT

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoofers man! I was going to see this tonight.:evil:

Hoofers man! I was going to see this tonight.:evil:

Sorry guys!

But believe me I haven't given anything away, merely commented on how fit a couple of birds are. The decepticon bird is revealed early doors and is by now means fundamental to the plot (if you can say the film has one)!

If anything, knowing there's another fit bird in it may make you want to watch it all the more.

KKIII was a return to form. KKII was the nonsense about Mayagi's bit on the side back in Japan. Only the scene with the ice made it even remotely watchable.

With KKIII they had to carry on the story, pretend no II didn't happen, and let everyone live happily ever after, and put the focus back on the All Valley. Silver, Barnes and Kreese are all played spot on and are entirely believable. The scene where he pops out from behind the cut-out still makes me jump at the 76th viewing at the age of 28.

Granted it didn't have the comedy, the 'You're the best' tune, and all sorts of little touches (the Crane kick, John Lawrence(?)'s redemption at the end etc) that added depth to no I, but it's hardly comparable to Transformers 2 (or 3, if you remember the original orignal ;) )

KKIII was a return to form. KKII was the nonsense about Mayagi's bit on the side back in Japan. Only the scene with the ice made it even remotely watchable.

With KKIII they had to carry on the story, pretend no II didn't happen, and let everyone live happily ever after, and put the focus back on the All Valley. Silver, Barnes and Kreese are all played spot on and are entirely believable. The scene where he pops out from behind the cut-out still makes me jump at the 76th viewing at the age of 28.

Granted it didn't have the comedy, the 'You're the best' tune, and all sorts of little touches (the Crane kick, John Lawrence(?)'s redemption at the end etc) that added depth to no I, but it's hardly comparable to Transformers 2 (or 3, if you remember the original orignal ;) )
Your memory for pop culture detail never ceases to amaze me!
That's a compliment, by the way!

The original animated Transformers movie was (no pun intended) transformational. The TV series took a whole new turn on the back of that film. A bold leap ahead for a franchise that had grown a little stale.

Ah, the days of buying Transformers "for my little brother" but playing with them myself :lol:

Iabel Lucas... ozzy brd that was in home and away. J

The original animated Transformers movie was (no pun intended) transformational. The TV series took a whole new turn on the back of that film. A bold leap ahead for a franchise that had grown a little stale.

Ah, the days of buying Transformers "for my little brother" but playing with them myself :lol:

I love the original Transformers movie but watching it recently it is a shameless plug for selling the new transformers toys, Loads die and there are new transformers introduced all the way through.

I love the original Transformers movie but watching it recently it is a shameless plug for selling the new transformers toys, Loads die and there are new transformers introduced all the way through.

When are any of the latest Hollywood movies not all advertising? "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was fraught with placement ads - McDonalds, Longines, LG...

A friend of mine is buying the Transformers Camaro soon; I'm sure the moviemakers would be proud of that.

Anyone DUMB enough to think this film may even have some redeeming features (apart from the girls) after the first live action one deserves everything they get. :evil::evil::evil:

(waits for it to become a bargain bucket DVD release)

They all got revamped before though IIRC? I could well be wrong (and the chronology is to soon that they could have designed them before etc).

Who's complaining? The twat who designed the original Megatron clearly should never work in changeable toys for the rest of his life - it just didn't go. We had car, plane, truck, boat, and a pistol. Did he not attend the meeting? Or maybe they gave him another chance and he came up with Soundscream (a walkman - tho the cassetes were cool) and it was then that they told him to do one?

At the end of the day it made us have a whole new world of toys to pester M&D for, and the film gave some background into the change, so you weren't staring at the screen with the wtf you later develop in the next few years when Lucy Robinson gets replaced by a SECOND different actress and Jim, Paul, or Granny Helen DON'T EVEN BATTER AN EYELID.

Goibng back to Transformers, there's one thing that always bugged me, and I just simply can't even be bothered to even download it to find out, but when they're in that court thing, the judge says 'innocent' doesn't he? Yet still plunges them into that pool full of n'er do wells to die? Was it a genuine loss through translation, was he being sarcastic, or was the pool the better option compared to being sent to recyling?

he came up with Soundscream (a walkman - tho the cassetes were cool) and it was then that they told him to do one?

The walkman was called Soundwave :D:D:D maybe you're getting mixed up with Starscream (one of the planes) :lol::lol::lol: the tapes were alright, Ravage will always be the best transformer ever

The walkman was called Soundwave :D:D:D maybe you're getting mixed up with Starscream (one of the planes) :lol::lol::lol: the tapes were alright, Ravage will always be the best transformer ever
I loved the tapes... although the little buggers always seemed to get misplaced :lol:
Ravage was great. I always liked the little piledriver guy Rumble too.

Back