[Trance] Wavefront Sessions 013

Ikoda

http://soundcloud.com/dj-ben-dursley/wavefront-sessions-013

1) Three Drives - Letting You Go (Greece 2000) (Markus Schulz Big Room Remix) [Zouk]
2) Above & Beyond - Formula Rossa [Anjunabeats] {Session Highlight}
3) Kyau & Albert - Are You Fine (Arty Remix) [Euphonic]
4) Sander Van Doorn vs Afrojack & R3hab - Koko Prutata (First State Bashup) [?]
5) Markuz Schulz - Digital Madness [Coldharbour]
6) Boom Jinx Ft. Justine Suissa - Pheonix In The Flames (Club Mix) [Anjunabeats]
7) Cosmic Gate ft. Emma Hewitt - Be Your Sound [Black Hole]
8) Lange & Gareth Emery - This Is New York (Heatbeat Remix) [Lange]
9) Oliver Smith - Symmerty (7 Skies Remix) [Anjunabeats]
10) Gareth Emery ft. Mark Frisch - Into The Light (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix) [Garuda]
11) Signal Runners - Electric Sheep (Nitrous Oxide Remix) [Anjunabeats] {session Great}

http://soundcloud.com/dj-ben-dursley/wavefront-sessions-013

Let me know any feed back!

Let me know any feed back!

Honestly ? To me it's a peak-time pure 'modern' trance mix, a bit heavy on the synths, belters & vocals. In my trance days I'd have been looking for lots more light and shade, and a longer build at the start of the mix bringing something less well-known in to kick things off. The Greece 2000 rework is to me more of a set-finisher (2nd to last track possibly) than a set-starter. That's only my view.

Style is an individual thing which changes over time. The track choices are "safe" for a crowd-pleaser/ratings booster and for people looking for an hour of what they expect for the genre this sits in I doubt you'd get many complaints. :) ! However, if you wanted to do something more interesting on the next one, maybe moving out of the "safe middle" would add more variety, panache and individuality to the set, and build up your diversity and creativity as a DJ. Which in the long run I think is always a good way to go.

Well, you did ask - and I finally listened to one. So that's my best at some constructive feed back ;).

Cheers man. :)

The sessions I've done so far have always been the latest stuff which is out which I enjoy, which always tends to be stuff from the bigger labels (Anjuna, Armada, etc).
Whenever I DJ, I always try and start off with a slower BPM, then progress it on as a mix goes on. Hence why Greece 2000 was at the start. I usually do these as 'peak time' mixes.

For 014, I'll try my hand at an 'early slot' mix. Going to need to do some serious tune scouring for that, as most of what I have would fit in to peak / closing time.

For 014, I'll try my hand at an 'early slot' mix. Going to need to do some serious tune scouring for that, as most of what I have would fit in to peak / closing time.

8). You know how it goes - till everyone know you the better the gig the earlier you're on :lol:.

8). You know how it goes - till everyone know you the better the gig the earlier you're on :lol:.

I've [hopefully] got a gig coming up in Jan, where I'm on 2am till close. ;)
But very true... problem is, need to cut through all the chaff that is the daily release of trance music... but it's the same with every genre... so many mediocre songs out there!

Back