Trance Nights

Hetfield14

My friend and I are flying into Ibiza in June and will be there for 3 of the opening parties (We Love Space, Cream, Armada). We're big trance lovers and when I say trance I mean the kind you'd hear on Armin's "A State of Trance", Above & Beyond's "Trance Around the World", and/or Aly & Fila's "Future Sound of Egypt". We got a little concerned when we saw Cream's (so far) confirmed line-up for their opening party (Sander van Doorn, Gavyn Mytchel, Sebastian Leger). We thought Cream was a trance night. I won't get into arguing over what's trance and what's not; instead I'm hoping someone can understand what I'm trying to get at. My question is that if we can't get a good uplifting trance fix at Cream or We Love Space, where can we get one? I know our best bet is Armada night as pretty much everyone on Armin's label does a ton of trance stuff. But aside from the big name nights, what are some of the unnamed, lesser-known parties that are full of anthem-style uplifting trance? I know a lot of the forum users have been around the island for many summers and I'm hoping some of you know of some DJ's/nights that are trancey that don't get publicized so much until you get to the actual island. For example, Amnesia doesn't have named nights on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays - surely there are some lesser-known DJ's playing there on those nights that pump out some great trance tunes.

I apologize for the long post and if you didn't read the first paragraph you can just read this lol. Is anyone able to post any info on lesser-known nights/DJ's that play a lot of trance in their sets that we could check out in June 2009?

Thanks ahead of time, and greets from the U.S.

- David

hello david,

don't worry about the calendar, the full line-ups aren't confirmed yet, but cream main room is all the trance, i'm sure you'll like it there.

tiesto will be on at privilege on mondays, quite likely whilst you are there.

cream, tiesto and armada are the 3 main (and best) trance nights on the island.

xx

My question is that if we can't get a good uplifting trance fix at Cream or We Love Space, where can we get one?

Don't expect trance at We Love. If you really want trance on the sunday go to Judgement Sundays at Eden, that's quite popular with some trance heads (has the likes of Sander van Door, Marco V etc).

Having said this, if youre going to the other big three trance nights already (Tiesto, Armin and Cream) then I'd suggest going to We Love anyway as Space is a must.

Don't expect trance at We Love. If you really want trance on the sunday go to Judgement Sundays at Eden, that's quite popular with some trance heads (has the likes of Sander van Door, Marco V etc).

Having said this, if youre going to the other big three trance nights already (Tiesto, Armin and Cream) then I'd suggest going to We Love anyway as Space is a must.

you might hit it lucky, Oakenfold did do a set there last year (is he still trance?)

Back