Traffic Wardens - What makes 'em tick?

WeLuvIbiza

What sort of people become traffic wardens? I have always thought they have to be total ar*e holes.

Wifey got a ticket on Saturday. Paid for one hour, had both kids in tow and was rushing back to the car, as she could see the vermin writing a ticket. Protested, guy toally ignored her, she approached a policeman who said it was nothing to do with him.

Ticket was until 11.53am, violation first noticed 11.59, ticket issued 12.00. Seven bleedin minutes, that's not cricket imho. OK, people can't take the p*ss but surely there should be some leeway.

Do they work on a commission basis?

Do they work on a commission basis?

hate traffic wardens. It's always a good feeling to get one over them when they're in the midst of writing you a ticket and you jump in your car and drive off. :lol:

I think they have targets and stuff they have to meet. not 100% though.

Edinburgh wardens are among the worst. Remember a story where one of them even gave a ticket to an ambulance which was dealing with an emergency call. Shocking.

sub-human scum!!!

fully deserving of all the abuse that life throws at them without exception!!!

those dudes are paid peanuts so it's in their interests to reach any targets they can. They're unlikely to give a damn if you're 5 secs late. The system is the problem here -not the individual wardens. One of the few growth areas in this country is the sheer number of jobsworths employed by the state to snoop on their fellow countrymen. (On the A303/M3 yesterday, I saw countless "average speed" cameras which monitor you every step of the way. It's well creepy - and can be cripplingly expensive for decent people who take their eye off the speed for a few seconds.)

in Spain (or at least in Barcelona anyway) if your car is left in the wrong place or for the wrong time, it gets carted off by some shadowy organisation called the "GRUA" who leave a calling card in the shape of a triangular sticker on the pavement with your number plate written on it and a phone number to call. Then you have to pay 200 euros to get it back..

if that isn't legitimised extortion I don't know what is..

(On the A303/M3 yesterday, I saw countless "average speed" cameras which monitor you every step of the way. It's well creepy - and can be cripplingly expensive for decent people who take their eye off the speed for a few seconds.)

Those average speed camera's have been in use up here on the A77 for 3 or 4 years now. Pain in the arse as they lowered the speed limit to 50 at the same time. they say they're going to be on all British motorways soon.

hate traffic wardens. It's always a good feeling to get one over them when they're in the midst of writing you a ticket and you jump in your car and drive off. :lol:

Done this a few times!

I only knew you could do this after watching that TV show that followed them about giving tickets to people. So long as the ticket hasn't touched the car you are fine to just drive off (extending a finger out the window is purely optional).

Traffic Wardens are they scum of the earth. Little people with a huge chip on their shoulders that enjoy the power and authority that the job gives them.

I wouldnt even class them as human more a sub-human species like below

blobfish_2.jpg

except that they're doing their job... perhaps too efficiently, but like you're gonna give a crap about someone's Jag when the owner earns 20x more than you do..

like I was saying, the system is the problem not the numpties on the ground.

except that they're doing their job... perhaps too efficiently, but like you're gonna give a crap about someone's Jag when the owner earns 20x more than you do..

like I was saying, the system is the problem not the numpties on the ground.

But thats the question..............what makes a person take that job in the first place.

I would rather be unemployed than do it.

Of course the system is wrong. I pay my tax's so I dont feel that I should have to pay again to park in my own town.

IMO in takes a certain type of person to apply for the job in the first place.......

But thats the question..............what makes a person take that job in the first place.

I would rather be unemployed than do it.

Of course the system is wrong. I pay my tax's so I dont feel that I should have to pay again to park in my own town.

IMO in takes a certain type of person to apply for the job in the first place.......

if you're from Africa and desperate you will do anything... you don't have the option of being unemployed

I used to hate them as much as anyone else untill I saw an "undercover" type program a few months ago about a London area,
The guy started as a "nice guy" giving a bit of leeway, A few weeks later he was the"norm" It was not because he got a bonus for more tickets because that is not allowed, However he would lose his job if he did not hit the target, all for minimum wage, A 60hr week and the daily abuse , Poor bast*$ds

Have a good one
Tim

PS At least here, If you get back within an hour of your ticket, you can pay €3 into the machine for the fine 8)

on a 'lighter' note, I reverse-crashed into a bouncer's car last night. Luckily, the guy knew me and was 'ok' about it, otherwise....

Those average speed camera's have been in use up here on the A77 for 3 or 4 years now. Pain in the arse as they lowered the speed limit to 50 at the same time. they say they're going to be on all British motorways soon.

We have those round our way. Very annoying when you are in a rush to get somewhere but my boyfriend says they actually help in the rush hour by slowing the traffic down so you are not all on top of each other.

i would like to make a traffic warden tick, by attaching some semtex and a crude timing device to one!!

those dudes are paid peanuts so it's in their interests to reach any targets they can. They're unlikely to give a damn if you're 5 secs late. The system is the problem here -not the individual wardens. One of the few growth areas in this country is the sheer number of jobsworths employed by the state to snoop on their fellow countrymen. (On the A303/M3 yesterday, I saw countless "average speed" cameras which monitor you every step of the way. It's well creepy - and can be cripplingly expensive for decent people who take their eye off the speed for a few seconds.)

in Spain (or at least in Barcelona anyway) if your car is left in the wrong place or for the wrong time, it gets carted off by some shadowy organisation called the "GRUA" who leave a calling card in the shape of a triangular sticker on the pavement with your number plate written on it and a phone number to call. Then you have to pay 200 euros to get it back..

if that isn't legitimised extortion I don't know what is..

Have you seen these?

http://fitwatch.blogspot.com/2009/08/police-surveillance-reaches-new-heights.html

These are bloody scary!

Back