Trade

Pete

Do we know of trade is out there this year :?:
I know they normaly do the back room at Manu. but are they doing angthing elss :?:

I used to love trade too. Did you used to ever go to trade nights, dfunky?

A friend of mine says he has the license for it and is hoping to bring it back though.

We went to Pushka / Trade at Privilege 4 or 5 years ago. At the start of the night there was a floorshow by 4 of the beautiful people, well arty. It was a mad night; Roger Sanchez and Pete Wardman were playing. It was the first time we sore Ibiza throu open eyes. 8)

No I tried to get in once but they wouldn't let me in with it being a gay night, even though i'm gay.
They didn't believe me as i didn't have a skin head or wear pants e.t.c
was in the trade room at manumission though.

Sorry to be a party pooper peeps, but in one way I'm quite glad that trade@turnmills has now closed. Anyone who has been to a saturday night a turnmills and has had to cram in to the main room whilst they close the back room to open trade will know what I'm talking about. I remember seeing Roger Sanchez there last year and having to leave early (which I make a point of never doing) because it was so uncomfortable there. I haven't been back since they've closed Trade, but as a turnmills fan I personally think its for the better

taffy-boy said:
Anyone who has been to a saturday night a turnmills and has had to cram in to the main room whilst they close the back room to open trade

:lol: Actually for me it's the other way round...Trade was clearly the most famous promotion at turnmills so anything happening on the Saturday night was a warm up before the real fun started. For me it was annoying having to wait to occupy the main room.

Re: Trade - They were treated like sh*t by Amnesia last year...The club turned the sound levels right down, refused to pay the DJs, cut the sound early at the end of the nights and messed them around throughout the season from start to finish. The reasons were political, they were worried that a recognised brand like Trade would be stiff competition for the island's gay institution, 'La Troya Asesina' on Wednesdays.
They sound like sticky buggers!....Look at how they've poached the balearic people idea this year.
Ah well, if someone doesn't f*ck them over first, I'm sure karma will take its toll. :evil:

Robder said:
:lol: Actually for me it's the other way round...Trade was clearly the most famous promotion at turnmills so anything happening on the Saturday night was a warm up before the real fun started. For me it was annoying having to wait to occupy the main room.

I agree with Robder I used to hate waiting for the main room to open at trade.
Anyone been to Trade @ Egg yet?

taffy-boy said:
Sorry to be a party pooper peeps, but in one way I'm quite glad that trade@turnmills has now closed. Anyone who has been to a saturday night a turnmills and has had to cram in to the main room whilst they close the back room to open trade will know what I'm talking about. I remember seeing Roger Sanchez there last year and having to leave early (which I make a point of never doing) because it was so uncomfortable there. I haven't been back since they've closed Trade, but as a turnmills fan I personally think its for the better

As 'Turnmills fan' you are cordially invited to my b'day celebrations at that venerable establishment! See previous post:

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=5516

IT'S GONNA ROCK!

I was really disappointed that Trade finished at Turnmills. My brother’s gay and he used to go all the time and say how fantastic it was. I go clubbing with him in London quite a lot and he was always trying to get me to go to Trade but I just never got round to it. :(

It's not too late, they are still doing odd one offs at Turnmills.
I'd love to go the egg but ther just aren't enough weekends to go round!!
Definately within the next few months though.

Next one is very soon, in fact. Dunno if it being kept under for a reason, will find out and will post info if its' not gonna result in my nads on a chopping board!

Buckley said:
Next one is very soon, in fact. Dunno if it being kept under for a reason, will find out and will post info if its' not gonna result in my nads on a chopping board!

The next trade will be on Sunday July 27th at 4am following the Pride event in Hyde Park on the Saturday.
It's bound to be rammed though so if you're a trade virgin I would wait until the October one if you can (!)

Back