Tracks for 2024

So here's a few new bits I really like, sourced off SC or the mailouts that come my way, all totally different to each other. I doubt many DJs will touch them but more the fool them.

Starting off with my kind of retro psychedelic disco which is custom-designed for druggy, freestyle backrooms

Also really feeling this recent-ish one from Space Dimension Controller which came out a few months back, a more straight-up acidy floor burner

and something with more of a slightly more left acid breaks flavour. no idea who this is but it's been getting traction on Estonian radio

reliable Session Victim deepness, off a new comp that goes all over the place (with very mixed results)

and of course Jezebell who continue to set the bar very high. Love Weekend Machines and the remix. Tremendous stuff. Balearo bods who can still bang it out!

++++ the ace new Emperor Machine album (a long old journey since Bizarre Inc!)

Here, many deep house and techno DJs have started playing early 2000s house hits at their gigs to get energy into their sets. For example, Junior Jack's Stupidisco has been involved in the selection of many DJs. The same ones who spit on such tracks ~20 years ago.. 🤷‍♂️

absolutely fantastic retro house c/o Space Ghost

BanBanTonTon put it more articulately:

Oakland’s Space Ghost launches his label, Peace World Records, with a 4-track E.P. Like Coeo’s latest offering, it looks back to, and updates, 80s and 90s house. Rather than big room bangers, though, the results here are delicate, detailed, deep and serene. “Raise your hands” drum rolls swapped for dramatic cymbal crashes. East Of The Lake and Dream Tool both feature Mr. Fingers-like B-lines, classic keys and swells. The former is particularly groovy, the bass like a Juno 60 vamping on Lonnie Liston Smith. Twisting, turning more acidic as it “expands”. Homeworld has gated ethereal vocals. Heavenly, angelic, with a slower, but heavier beat. On Prism, sequences mimic whales and dolphins, echoing Aphrodisiac’s seminal Nu Groove side, Song Of The Siren, while a robotic reed / synthesised sax pays homage to vintage Italian gear, and the production tips its hat to Frankie Knuckles and Eric Kupper.

Back