tracks for 2021

mano le tough - man of aran

unfortunately i couldn't buy it even that it was kinda released on beatport. and now the whole album of mano is gone again. probably it was displayed too early. my beatport is pretty buggy since some months, yours too? for example with some browsers (firefox) it doesn't even work ...

Ooh
When you're tired
When you're lonely
Can just reach out an arm
Know I'll be there
I'll help you weather the storm
Us together
Nothing's ever felt more like home
Know I'll be there
You will never be alone
All I need is your love tonight
All I need is your love tonight (it's all I need)
All I need is your love tonight (tonight, tonight, ooh)
Ooh (love tonight)
In that moment
When you're feeling like there's nothing at all
Reach out to me
Know that I'll answer the call
Us together
Nothing's ever felt more like home
Know I'll be there
You will never be alone
Ooh

All I need is your love tonight (all I need is your love, all I need is your love)
All I need is your love tonight (all I need is your love, all I need is your love)
All I need is your love tonight (tonight)
All I need is your love tonight (ooh, ooh)
All I need is your love tonight (all I need, all I need)
All I need is your love tonight (tonight)

mano le tough - man of aran

unfortunately i couldn't buy it even that it was kinda released on beatport. and now the whole album of mano is gone again. probably it was displayed too early. my beatport is pretty buggy since some months, yours too? for example with some browsers (firefox) it doesn't even work ...
I'm having troubles with the pre-listen feature last few months. It always skips a track when scrolling through a list.

I rarely check skipport these days, only for specific releases. Bandcamp -although facing its own limitations- has plenty in store for me, plus
  • Full previews
  • No lossless fees
  • Unlimited dowload capacity
  • More profitable for label/artist
  • You're able to follow what other deejays actually buy in stead of hyped/sponsored charts
  • It doesn't want sell you mainstreaming services

I'm having troubles with the pre-listen feature last few months. It always skips a track when scrolling through a list.

I rarely check skipport these days, only for specific releases. Bandcamp -although facing its own limitations- has plenty in store for me, plus
  • Full previews
  • No lossless fees
  • Unlimited dowload capacity
  • More profitable for label/artist
  • You're able to follow what other deejays actually buy in stead of hyped/sponsored charts
  • It doesn't want sell you mainstreaming services
i really like bandcamp, too, because of the things you pointed out. especially that you can download the track for one price in all the formats you want to. i hope they'll improve the UX/CX in future.

edit: and about beatport troubles: same here - and when checking the track list of new releases from followed artists, i have to press play for every track instead of loading them into the playlist once and just skip tracks :/ with firefox i can't do anything. not even listen to a track or use the search function ...

Last edited:
i really like bandcamp, too, because of the things you pointed out. especially that you can download the track for one price in all the formats you want to. i hope they'll improve the UX/CX in future.

edit: and about beatport troubles: same here - and when checking the track list of new releases from followed artists, i have to press play for every track instead of loading them into the playlist once and just skip tracks :/ with firefox i can't do anything. not even listen to a track or use the search function ...

Here are two well-written very interesting articles on Bandcamp's revenues and business model (opposed to the spotify mainstream moloch) for a Sunday read.

Business model:
https://www.npr.org/2020/08/19/9035...tify-and-the-wide-open-future?t=1628372563868

Revenues and shortcomings:

I wouldn't bet Bandcamp will improve the user experience anytime soon, but who knows...
On the other hand it makes the digging more challenging :)

Small remark on Beatport: they aren't mentioned once in both articles. I wouldn't bet they'll make it to the list of 100-year-old-companies...

My 16 year old collects vinyl, old school hip hop. It's not cheap.
When I was his age I remember saving up to be able to go after school and buy one new vinyl for my numark belt drives.

Most kids are living for the experience. From that perspective streaming is a good way to get acquainted with different genres without breaking the bank nor wasting time prelistening.
When people grow up/earn more they're more likely to spend on other specialized music platforms.
Seperate worlds in a certain way but I do feel the music industry has recovered quite well from piracy heydays.

Last edited:
Back