Tracks for 2009!

Calvin Harris - Im Not Alone (There will most probably be a decent remix of this out for the summer)
Laidback Luke vs Robin S - Show me love (Probably had this over a year now but will still

Those tunes are f*cking terrible! Where do you expect to hear them? The west end? :lol:

That Ladyhawke Paris Is Burning (Funkagenda remix) will be getting hammered this summer I dare say.

Timo Mass - Subtellite
2000 and One - Egusi
Pryda - Miami to Atlanta
Jesse Rose - Touch My Horn
Sebastien Leger - The People
Rockers Hi Fi - Push Push
Argy - Upon Ourselves

Probably still a bit early for the big summer anthems to be released.

I hope to god though that Calvin Harris track isn't hammered everywhere! Its just about bearable now!

I've identified 8 people on this entire forum with something approaching taste in dance music - the rest of you are a bunch of cloth-eared goons

I've identified 8 people on this entire forum with something approaching taste in dance music - the rest of you are a bunch of cloth-eared goons

You mean, you've identified 8 people on this forum with something approaching the same taste in dance music as yourself... there's a crucial difference.

more tunes

Babak Shayan - Seasons

Dj Garphie - Sunrise in Ibiza

Jerome Sydenham - Destination Nagano (Shinkansen mix)

Zapology - Believe (Her Song MKL remix)

Sebastian Davidson - La musique l'amour

Slam Mode - Defraction

Joey Negro - Man Of War (Henrik Schwartz remix)

Boboroshi - The mo(u)rning song

And adding to the discussion about music, face it some music is quality, other is mainstream easy listening for the mass. Not judging the latter but we all know the difference between for example Westend tunes, or music in places like KM5 or Blue Marlin.

And adding to the discussion about music, face it some music is quality, other is mainstream easy listening for the mass. Not judging the latter but we all know the difference between for example Westend tunes, or music in places like KM5 or Blue Marlin.

I think most of us would agree with that in general terms, but no way is it as black and white as you have just presented it there. This mysterious line that separates the dance music of the masses from the dance music of "real clubbers" is in slightly different places depending on how, when and through what genre you enter the world of dance music. This idea of "West End tunes" is very vague and some of us, like myself, would divide tunes into more than 2 loose groups labeled "quality" and "easy listening/mainstream". There are degrees of accessibility within all the main genres of dance music.

Some of you, I'm sure, would quite happily lump Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren (or even all trance music) in with Basshunter and Ultrabeat. I, myself, wouldn't. If that makes me a "cloth-eared goon" then so be it.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back