Torrents?

jaycranney

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've been on here since moving to Toronto. Loving it by the way, but had to skip out out on my my annual Ibiza trip unfortunately. Anyway, plenty of great gigs and concerts to keep me going for a while. Was just wondering what the general concencious was on torrents (for downloading albums). Yey? Or nay?

Hope everyone's well.

J

Yay.

Torrents are the only thing that keep me in touch with Western pop culture. I have about 5 TV shows I download regularly.

If the US TV networks didn't force the sites that stream their programming (Hulu, etc.) to geo-block the content, then I'd gladly watch through official channels :confused:

Continuing on this point of making content more available legally:

I was just going to buy the new album by Bernard Sumner's new band, Bad Lieutenant (on sale for $2.99 on Amazon today, if you want it :!:) but the download is geo-blocked. Looks like I'm going to have to torrent it :confused:

Also, adding to the point above, since the Daily Show and Colbert Report started putting full episodes online, I've stopped downloading the shows. Now they've got one more set of eyeballs regularly viewing their websites and adverts :idea:

Back