Top Tunes - Help Required.!

I really should stop visiting this site. I mean I read all the messeges and get really excited about Ibiza 03 - but then remember it's still January and there is a long way to go! :confused:

I think 2003 will be my best year yet. 2001 - went for 2 weeks but was a relatively 'newbie' in the clubbing scene..totally hammered it in the first few days and never fully recovered! 2002 - went for 1 week but had a misses back home, had great time but came back with a mobile bill costing more than the holiday did!! 2003 - know the clubbing scene well, where to go, no girlfriend, not taking my mobile, 2 weeks. It sounds like heaven! :D :p ;) :) :lol: :twisted:

I'd say the first two times I went there me and my mate were a little 'naive', and the first time we knew little about the island and the second time short on cash. I am ashamed to say I haven't been to Space or Pacha yet :oops: and haven't done half the things I wanna do (hire out some form of transport and explore the island etc) have been to wrecked the following day. So am gonna make sure do all those things this year.

At some stage it looks like take me out take me home will get a re-release - needs to be done on some half decent label that will actually licence the tunes for more than a "test press" run..... I might have a copy of take me out..... bouncy and quite funky summer house....

There's a cd called Peter Ward - All Mixed up on Trade records - with a kind of "history" of funky house stuff on it.... and (if you can get hold of it) Fat Tony's CD, and Rob Stanley's mix - both of which got "pulled" at the last minute......

drop me an e-mail rob@foolproof-sounds.com, and I'll add you to the mailing list. not a great deal happening at the mo to be honest - I've got to write the new site - (which involves learning flash) - and get three tours, and a monthly night off the ground, and recover from yet more hospital treatment (thanks to excessive pilling last year completely messing up ly insides), oh and play three nights a week until easter.....

BUT!!!!

hopefully there's some new mixes in the pipeline from the foolproof stable this year!

If you're looking for higher energy bigger room funky house, try and check out sharp boys on kiss 100 (or www.sharprecordings.com) /
co.uk ... (don't know)..... They're just that bit more driving, more hi hattish, but excellent...... Kiss 100 is on itv digital i think.....

and why not check out higher state's site - with real audio clips of their back catalogue..... classic house from mid 90s..... and they're top kids too.

also coming highly reccomended for ease of use of site are htfr.com..... you can download mp3s of most of their current catalogue, listen to it at home, then go back and buy the tunes you like.... Which means you're developing a sound you like and not what other people tell you to like...

all the best

fp

cheers foolproof. have sent you an email so if you get chance maybe you could add me to the mailing list.

Anyone got any predictions of what tunes are gonna be spun the most in Ibiza this year :?:

later all.

;)

JoeDrawb,

Have a listen to some of the Dutch and Canadian progressive DJ's. They shit all over the UK DJ's.

DJ's like Lucien Foort, Fred Numf (both on the Black hole recordings label) and of the Canadian guys Max Graham and DJ Quivver (aka John Graham). These guys play 'real' progressive, a blend of house, tech house, tribal and even trance.

Lucien Foort in particular is one of the best DJ's in the world IMO. Doesn't get the hype, but shits all over the supposed superstar DJ's.

Check out the website www.progressive-sounds.com, Fluid recordings and black hole recordings.

Cheers Vinylgroover.

After being to see many 'superstar' Dj's I would totally agree with you that they are very 'over-hyped' (especially Mauro Picotto @ cream who I was very disapointed with - perhaps he was having a off night!) :confused:

I'll have a look on the web to see what I can find on the Dutch and Canadian Dj's you mentioned...I like the blend of music in which you say they play, all the styles of vinyl I would buy...

Eddie Halliwell is coming to my local club this weekend, so might pop over and see him. Anyway cheers 4 that VG best get back to work, am a bit down-hearted today as went to Anfield to watch the game yesterday, what a pile of crap... :x

JoeD, tell me about it mate, absolutely gutted. Shit, Shit Chetyrou on for Super Dan....the World's gone mad. :evil:

I really didn't know what was going on, we had 98% of the ball in the first half...Heskey missed a 1on1 with the ball from the half way line and Owen missed a 1on1 from 5 yards out. With the exception of Diouf (who was outstanding and the only player who looked like he had any interest in playing the match) I think the rest of them should be lined up and hung. :idea:

the 10 men of Palace winning 2-0 in our own back-yard. Pathetic. :evil:

At least, I think they should have docked wages for a poor showing like that...They get between £20 and £50,000 a week and play like that...I get £14,000 a year and travel over a hour to the game..I think I should be entitled to my money back!

OK OFF TOPIC, but needed to get that off my chest...! :lol:

Ahh well got the weekend to look forward to anyway! Anyone goin clubbin this weekend/where??

vinylgroover,

that is very often the case, the amount of times i have gone to see a big name dj play and have ended up believing that the 'warm up dj' or 'lesser name dj' was better....

Robo, Joe

i believe Lucien Foort is playing The Gallery in the first week of March (according to his website). He is on a world tour promoting his new CD and club night called SLICE. Go and take a look, i'm sure you'll be very impressed. I've seen him 3 times here in Australia, and each time he was brilliant.

On another note, i am looking to come to Ibiza this year for the first time. I've just turned 30, but for one reason or another i haven't been able to make it in the past. Seems like everyone who goes is late teens or very early 20's........is that the case? I don't look 30, LOL.

I had a look at the club schedules and it seems like there are some solid nights. I guess they go for the 'big' name Dj's.....it would be great to see some more variety in the DJ's they bring over......I noticed James Holden, Sister Bliss and Max Graham have got a couple of gigs which is great.

vinylgroover,

Don't worry about your age, you'll fit in just great...

i think that the lisitings you were looking at was the 2002 listings, as this summer's listings will not be posted untill april/may time.

You are sooo right there is very little variety of djs, mainly because the competition is soo strong

Back