Top Ibiza Tunes from 2003-2005 - opinions wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
james said:
and let no one forget DISOPOLIS for 2005 - that was tune of the summer - just wanted to get that in again ;)

and sandcastles by somebody and somebodyfor 2004 - that was TUNE too.

i still get goosepimples thinking of both of those

Yeah good choice james, Sandcastles by Ferrer & Sydenham (pete heller mix). I'll add a vote to that please for 2004.;)

Barbie said:
Shakedown was 2002, I originally thought same thing cos I wanted to include it but it was def the year before.

def 2002 - because that was the first tune that i have ever heard in ibiza......i still think of ibiza everytime i hear it (and sanchez was rocking a remix of it last summer)

Barbie said:
Shakedown was 2002, I originally thought same thing cos I wanted to include it but it was def the year before.

For sure, nearly included a 2002 to give it a mention :lol:

Afraid I can only include the following due to grown up property responsibilities :cry:

Shake It - Lee Cabrera​
A little More Love' - David Guetta
Satisfaction - Benny Benassi
Junior Jack - E Samba
Milk & Sugar - Let the Sunshine in
Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine (am I right in saying this :confused: )

Will do a proper one at home later.

But - Fred Everything - Friday (Trentemoller Remix) has been missed from 2005 that was fairly hammered most places.

How could I forget

Morjac - Stars for 2003, that was def getting smashed...

Solveig's Rocking Music was 2003 and 2004 (the orig being played in 2003 and remixes in 2004).

Oh, and incidentally can't believe you missed a few...

From 2001

Banda whoever - Guitarra G
Agent Sumo - 24 Hours
The Ones - Flawless
Jon Cutler - It's Yours

From 2002

Shiny Disco Balls
Praise Cats - Shined on me
Bad Hair Day - Dub Tropicana...

Maybe we should put it to a vote or something.... ;) ;) ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bookashade - Mandarine Girl
Deux - Sun Rising Up
MANDY - Body Language
Dave Mccullen - Bitch
Tom Novy - Your Body

Dont know about picking 5 but the 2 that will forever stick in my memory are:-

Lee Cabrera - Shake it
Junior Jack - E Samba

Freaks - Creeps
Deep Dish - Flashdance

Missed 2005 :(
but tunes of the year were
D.O.N.S ft Technotronic - Pump up the Jam
Thomas Anderson - Washing up

my guesses for 2006

Tiga - You gonna want me
The Egg - Walking away

Mandy - Body Language
Gadjo - So Many Times
Blaze - Most precious Love
Deep Dish - Say Hello
Tomas Anderson - Washing Up (Tiga remix)

i can't believe no one's mentioned underworld - 2 months off from 2002 - i know we are not doing 2002, but come on ;)

and it's one i missed out on when doing the 2002 list all those years ago ;)

( p.s. we are not doing 2002 )

jonbawls said:
def 2002 - because that was the first tune that i have ever heard in ibiza......i still think of ibiza everytime i hear it (and sanchez was rocking a remix of it last summer)
I thought Shakedown came out earlier but someone else had included it and thus made me think my memory was just faulty... it was hard enough trying to remember 2003!

Still a killer tune... (and when was the Junior Jack remix released? could that qualify?)

grego said:
Quel surprise mon ami!:p
Point being simply that after 2 pages of responses, I'm sure I would remember the same tunes as everyone else :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, surprised at the lack of votes for Madan, Changes and Keep On Rising. All big tunes in summer '03 if memory serves.

Morbyd said:
I thought Shakedown came out earlier but someone else had included it and thus made me think my memory was just faulty... it was hard enough trying to remember 2003!

Still a killer tune... (and when was the Junior Jack remix released? could that qualify?)

Just accept facts Morbyd that for once in your life you were wrong :lol: ;)

Seriously tho every year merges into one when it comes to Ibiza.........plus I do find that going in June you do always find a lot of last years 'anthems' are still being caned which only serves to further confuse our old battered braincells :lol:

Morbyd said:

Don't think the Jnr Jack version was ever officially released.. kid creme version came on the same release as the original I think (he actually stole a loop from his own Kylie remix from earlier that year?)

Funny that this thread should come up because at the moment I'm sorting out all my old Ibiza records from the past ten years! Back to 1996 :lol: :eek: Some great tracks with some good memories and it's interesting to see how the music has changed.

It;s a shame we can't really do one for all those years within a thread and keep it to say 5 or 10 tracks we remember from back in the day. It would also be good to hear some old tracks we might well have overlooked. I'll post my 5 faves from the last 3 years soonish though!

David Guetta - A Little More Love (Wally Lopez mix)
Lee-Cabrera - Shake It
Junior Jack - E-Samba

Bombdogs - I Can't Explain (Steve Lawler Summer of Love mix)
Deep Dish - Flashdance
Shapeshifters - Lolas Theme
Bodyrockers - I Like The Way You Move
Phonique - The Red Dress (Tiefschwarz mix)

The Killers - Mr Brightside (Thin White Duke mix)
Dave Cullen - Bitch
M.A.N.D.Y. vs Booka Shade - Body Language
Tiga - Louder Than A Bomb
Tom Novy - Your Body
Hard-Fi - Hard To Beat (Axwell mix)

alcohol addled brain has forgotten everything before last week

Last edited by a moderator:
One extra for 2005...

Red Carpet 'Alright'

Know it came out the year before, but I heard it a good few times last year and it got one of the biggest reactions of the whole holiday. Especially in El Divino standing on the terrace, with a big thunderstorm in the background and live sax being played over it. Got the same reaction the next day at Space:p

shapeshifters-lolas theme
armand van helden-hear my name
sarah mclachlan - world on fire (JXL mix)
eric prydz-call on me
michael gray-weekend

dave mcCullun-bitch
tom novy-your body
marco v-false light
moby-raining agian (steve angello mix)
herd and fitz-just can't get enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back