Top 5 Fave Songs So Far 2009

Have got into "electro" types this year, Ladyhawke, La Roux and Empire of the Sun (awesome) 8)
Me too. Quite liking this new new wave.

Still into Royksopp and Junior Boys, who were pre-cursors in way. Phoenix has gone back to being interesting too.

Recently discovered Empire of the Sun, Friendly Fires, Tesla Boy, Red Wire Black Wire.

I've downloaded Roux but yet to listen. Heard a group on the radio last night called, I think, Dovestar, which I'll be seeking out.

Me too. Quite liking this new new wave.

Still into Royksopp and Junior Boys, who were pre-cursors in way. Phoenix has gone back to being interesting too.

Recently discovered Empire of the Sun, Friendly Fires, Tesla Boy, Red Wire Black Wire.

I've downloaded Roux but yet to listen. Heard a group on the radio last night called, I think, Dovestar, which I'll be seeking out.

Friendly Fires album is ace mate. I could give or take them but then I saw them live at the Big Chill and it totally changed my mind about them.

I keep meaning to get MGMT really like them too :lol:

it's an ok album, very mellow considering the big electro/rock tunes that are "kids" and "time to pretend". You can really see the flaming lips influence on the album though, a good thing in my view.

Best track after a few listens is "pieces of what" sounds like an early rolling stones track!!

Empire of the Sun (awesome) 8)

Forgot empire of the sun I LOOVVE we are the people and that other one can't think of the name but it was just on Corry the newer one... but strangely the songs make me feel sadness in my stomach real emotion, like they remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it like a missed youth or something it's really weird

My brother (who lives in Oz) recently left his job to start his own business, he had to give back his company car (below)which he loved. He often talks about his "missed ute"

hummerh3ute4.jpg

My brother (who lives in Oz) recently left his job to start his own business, he had to give back his company car (below)which he loved. He often talks about his "missed ute"

hummerh3ute4.jpg

Thats not the type of "UTE" I remember when in OZ. More like this one with a Kelpie in the back...

at-ute.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot empire of the sun I LOOVVE we are the people and that other one can't think of the name but it was just on Corry the newer one... but strangely the songs make me feel sadness in my stomach real emotion, like they remind me of something but I can't put my finger on it like a missed youth or something it's really weird

They remind me of Fleetwood Mac which reminds me of being young :lol:

MGMT are soooooooooo 2008. (Still good, though!)

If you like American indie-dance-pop, you should really be checking out Passion Pit.

Back