Toothache .. HELP PLEASE !

S

*Saffy*

Most of us have been through agonising toothache at one point or another ... please, please .. what helps ?

I've tried a cotton wool ball soaked in brandy and in clove oil .. paracetamol .. nurofen .. nothing is touching the pain - and god help if i should touch the tooth my my tongue as it gets even worse ! :(

Can't get in at the Dentist till tomorrow .. despite our being in private dental care ... need help to get through today and tonight ..

Advice needed please !!!

Saffy,

Have you tried IBOPRUFENO or something similar? This is the best for toothache cos it works in your inflammation.

Yes silvia ... the nurofen is the same thing ..

:cry: I'll double the dose tho !

double your dose of nurofen or if you've got any old anti-inflamatories in your medicine cupboard take those!! then get yourself to the chemist and ask for a bottle of tooth tincture and put that on your cotton wool.

then of course get an emergency dentist appointment. if you can't get one and it's bad enough take yourself to A&E for free treatment if you want to sit in the waiting room for a while!

I had really bad tootheache a few weeks back and i found that the co-codemal (sp) worked best for me and helped me to get to sleep at night. It dissolves into water. You will also find that if you sit up the pain isnt so bad but i found it very hard to sleep sitting up.

Its the worst pain in the world Saff, i really feel for you.

stuie .. the only emergeny appointments they have are in the middle of the day .. when I work. I had a load of trouble the other year with my teeth and had to take a couple of days off for emergency treatment and my work have told me that it's not acceptable.

:D pliers at the next option!

*Saffy* said:
stuie .. the only emergeny appointments they have are in the middle of the day .. when I work. I had a load of trouble the other year with my teeth and had to take a couple of days off for emergency treatment and my work have told me that it's not acceptable.

:D pliers at the next option!

go to A&E tonight then Saf!

(or at least before you get the pliers out!!! :eek: :lol: )

Eat loads of ice cream and drink lots tea at the same time.

mambobirdette said:
I had really bad tootheache a few weeks back and i found that the co-codemal (sp) worked best for me and helped me to get to sleep at night. It dissolves into water. You will also find that if you sit up the pain isnt so bad but i found it very hard to sleep sitting up.

Its the worst pain in the world Saff, i really feel for you.

This worked for me when I had problems with one of my wisdom teeth.

Also dental pain releift tablets from Boots are quite good. They are rather large to swallow :eek: But if you are used to pill popping then it should not be a problem ;)

mambobirdette said:
chewie_oo7 said:
Fraz said:
Also dental pain releift tablets from Boots are quite good. They are rather large to swallow :eek:

maybe yr not meant to swallow em?

:lol:

Your not!!! they disolve in water Fraz :eek: :eek: :lol:

Doh :!: Im not that stupid - I do know the difference between an effervescent tab and a pill - they were not meant to be dissolved. They were twice the size of a nurofen. I had to chop em up with a knife :oops:

When I was in agony over it, I tried everything to numb the pain but nothing helped except these....

* Solphadine painkillers - huuuge pills which you disolve in water
* Water - nope hear me out on this one... Just by swishing some water around your mouth helps no end!!
* I 'think' it's aspirin with nurofen combined...causes an analgesatheic effect or so the dentist told me & will help the pain!

Hey!...I thought we weren't allowed to talk about drugs on this board. Saying that ... something illegal and white could do the trick. ;)

I'll have to wait for a later date for the illegal stuff :D (Tho a nice spliff tonight should do the job of helping me to sleep!)

Tis sorted ! I pulled it out !

Well .. I tried to ... using pliers ... (Believe me the pain was atrocious and I just couldnt stand it any more), but then it broke, and they HAD to see me at the dentist as blood was all over the place! Anyways .. they've taken it out for me - bit of a long job as it was a wisdom tooth and one of the three roots was curled, but thank god for that !! :lol:

Back