Tom Middleton Old School Set - Glastonbury

That looks and sounds really good and so do the crowd,
looking foward to seeing this guy at big chill in 3 weeks.

he did this at last year's big chill too. I personally didn't really feel it, simply because I've heard every rave classic about 43243848348 times but it's undeniable fun.

Mixed feelings on Middleton generally - his jedi/comos/global communications stuff is class, see also fabric comp, but then he has this habit of breaking up a set dropping sheer cheese in just to amuse himself, like the old grange hill theme tune, as heard at the t bar, 2 years back.

and don't set me off on his crazy covers compilation - the ukulele orchestra of great britain - "ms dyna-mi-te-ee" FFS - student humour at best

he did this at last year's big chill too. I personally didn't really feel it, simply because I've heard every rave classic about 43243848348 times but it's undeniable fun.

Mixed feelings on Middleton generally - his jedi/comos/global communications stuff is class, see also fabric comp, but then he has this habit of breaking up a set dropping sheer cheese in just to amuse himself, like the old grange hill theme tune, as heard at the t bar, 2 years back.

and don't set me off on his crazy covers compilation - the ukulele orchestra of great britain - "ms dyna-mi-te-ee" FFS - student humour at best

Was that on the Sunday last year? I quite enjoyed it, it was nothing new or ground breaking but at the Chill it worked for me.

I think so. Seem to remember the mighty boosh (cringe, terrible) and Camille (sigh, swoon, cold shower needed) were on that stage too, then we headed over to the rizla area, which was overcrowded and stupidly penned in, so I spent much of the rest of the night in the Havana tent completely kippered, which was brilliant fun.

B*llocks - stop it - I missed Tom Middleton and reeeeally wanted to be there for that.

Glasto was full of old skool tunes this year though to be fair.

Felix Dickinson ROCKED the downlow and the mix should be available on their site soon.

Aciiieeeeeeed! 8)

I think so. Seem to remember the mighty boosh (cringe, terrible) and Camille (sigh, swoon, cold shower needed) were on that stage too, then we headed over to the rizla area, which was overcrowded and stupidly penned in, so I spent much of the rest of the night in the Havana tent completely kippered, which was brilliant fun.

I remember now. The Boosh where really bad, so anything after that was a treat for my ears! The whole weekend has kinda rolled into 1 long day for me.

Are you going this year? 4 weeks to go!

I've got it covered!

(thanks madwhitegiant... 8) )

The guy has very kindly sent me enough whistleblowing rave to last a lifetime!

not this year :cry:

was supposed to go to croatia EE for aug bank hol but that's all fallen through

may still go to beachdown in Sussex if I can blag a freebie

*all this talk of rave classics - ironically enough was browsing looking for some old tunes last night and stumbled across these sites, some absolute GOLD in there :lol:

http://oldschoolhousemusic1990-2000.blogspot.com/

http://pureclubclassics.blogspot.com/

http://ninetiesclubcdmaxisingles.blogspot.com/

Ahh I see, Well I shall be there again. Gotta say that this years line up is looking pretty good imo. I am looking forward to stumbling round a field to Orbital on Saturday night.

wow - I remember that set! Nice one! 8)

No problem young man

Set list if your interested

Bam Bam - Give it to me - Westbrook
Farley - Love Can't Turn Round - House
Hex Complexx - I Want You - Sunset Records
Maurice Joshua - The Other Side - Needle
Mix Masters - House Express - DJ INternational
DA Posse - In The Heat of The Night - Future
Shawn Shegog Featuring Barbara Shegog - Love Traxs - No Name
DA Rebels - It's Time To jack The House - Clubhouse
Pierre's Fantasy Club - I Can't Stop For You - Max