tired of San An.. looking for something different for '09..

bigblue

Have been to Ibiza 5 times now - solo, and with mates. each time we seem to end up in/around San An..

this is ok, but I am getting bored of the same ol same ol, and long walk around the bay to anything worth tryiung out (or have i missed something?)

Last time i went was in 2006, while the World Cup was on- OK if you like footty (which I do), but spending ££ was a bit tight, so most days were spent lazing around the pool (at the Bahia something hotel, along the bay- close to a British bar that had minigolf outside!).

This year we want to try something different- maybe hire some bikes/scooters, and just explore.. but not too far!

. so long as close to a nice beach, and bars etc, but NOT West End-ish!

also, are other resorts generally cheaper than San An? what with f/x rates as they are, will wantto get as much fun as we can. may even consider Formentrera, but ferry cost put tme off last time..

looking to spend £200 a week, after flights/ self cater apmt. sorted.. doubt we will be clubbing this time around, as my poor wallet / liver can't take the strain!

Last edited by a moderator:
"This year we want to try something different- maybe hire some bikes/scooters, and just explore.. but not too far!"

You have the right idea and That's the best thing that you can do.

Go and discover the Island. Ibiza will come to you if she feels you are ready.

You seem to feel that there is something more to the Island and that the next step for you is to go find out.

Its a very personal journey that only you can take, so rent a scooter , explore and see where it leads you. Let your instincts guide you and you will be fine.

Don't worry too much about cash. There will be plenty of good value, local bars and restaurants along your journey that will feed and water you for less that €10.

They say the best things in Life are Free. Ibiza has many just waiting to be discovered, you just need to open your eyes and see.

You have probably booked by now! But I would agree with Figueretas. Few things for me beat the stroll along the promenade to Ibiza Town in the evening stopping for beers along the way. Heaven.

"This year we want to try something different- maybe hire some bikes/scooters, and just explore.. but not too far!"

You have the right idea and That's the best thing that you can do.

Go and discover the Island. Ibiza will come to you if she feels you are ready.

You seem to feel that there is something more to the Island and that the next step for you is to go find out.

Its a very personal journey that only you can take, so rent a scooter , explore and see where it leads you. Let your instincts guide you and you will be fine.

Don't worry too much about cash. There will be plenty of good value, local bars and restaurants along your journey that will feed and water you for less that €10.

They say the best things in Life are Free. Ibiza has many just waiting to be discovered, you just need to open your eyes and see.

What a great post! :D

no one thought of Talamanca? its got the beach, Ibiza town close to it and well its quiet so if you want quiet its there or if you wanna go upnorth, Portinatx would be good! The north is the best part of the island, beautiful, amazing calas, not many tourist like in the south and very very very good roads (love the roads there, lots of fun!) Consider these options aswell!

I would of thought that after five visits the op might have had a look around the island and had seen a few different places ?

Oh well :rolleyes:

I would of thought that after five visits the op might have had a look around the island and had seen a few different places ?

Oh well :rolleyes:

Took me about 10 visits before I got the urge to explore.

When you are with a group of friends its harder to just go off by yourself.

Also your priorities are different when you are younger. I found as I got older I started to look for something different.

There was more to Life than Alcohol, Clubs, Sex and partying!

I think its up to each person when they feel the right time to move on is:)

I've stayed at San An, Playa Den Bossa and Talamanca. I keep going back to San An area though as I just hate missing out on those sunsets :)

It's easy enough to find good quality hotels and apartments around San An and avoid any of the tackier spots if that's what you want.

To explore the island a hire car is really a must. Although it does involve ensuring one of the party is in a viable enough state to be able to drive safely / legally! :twisted:

I have to say I dont think Figueretas is a very 'nice' place to stay BUT as a base it is hard to beat as the location is fantastic and most the hotels are dirt cheap. I used our hotel as somewhere to sleep before jumping in the car to his some amazing beaches elsewhere, and it was the perfect base for that, at least until i can afford to stay in Ibiza Town!

Back