Timewarp Mannheim 2012 & Frankfurt clubs

Looks great - not a decent lineup by any stretch though.

Musically faddy and all on one level.
faddy?

i dont agree at all.

you could argue they are missing some bass heavier djs, (and a maybe few too many german djs /pals of the organisers on the lineup)...but personally i'm more techno & house so the lineup suits me...bar villalobos not playing.

who'd you have in mind thats not on there to play?

I guess it's just missing folks like Greg Wilson, Terry Farley, Prins 'n Lindstrom, Felix Dickinson, Weatherall et al.

Plus I don't see any US heavys like Kerri Chandler, The Hump, Louie Vega, Ron Trent etc.

Not my kinda lineup - but event looks brill.

I guess it's just missing folks like Greg Wilson, Terry Farley, Prins 'n Lindstrom, Felix Dickinson, Weatherall et al.

Plus I don't see any US heavys like Kerri Chandler, The Hump, Louie Vega, Ron Trent etc.

Robder it's a f@cking techno festival. There ain't gonna be no house.

to be fair, there are still a lot of old farts on the bill. but they are generally old farts that stayed contemporary and cool, rather than just fading away somewhat (not always deserved i might add).

i reckon that says more about you than the line-up though. defo sounds like your 2nd old bastard whinge of the week to me.

i personally can't wait! timewarp here we go...:twisted:

Haha - true. :lol:

But I'd have said this at 15 - can't help my tastes. ;)

This event is a bit on one level for me - it ain't boundary pushing.

...promoters should aim to be more eclectic.

"...
Cocoonclub Frankfurt
We are very proud to welcome our international partycrowd tonight:
people from more then 40 nations will drive our holy dance floor crazy.
salam, sunchhen, добър ден, hola, 你好!, dobrý den, tere, päivää, salut, gia, shalom, नमस्ते, szia, ciao, おーい!, annyÇ’ng hashimnikka, labdien, moien, hei, salâm, dzieÅ„ dobry, Привет, olá, bună ziua, สวัสดครับี, merhaba, pryvit, Γειά!, hallo,
hello TECHNO PEOPLE,
let's do the time warp again!

..."

Haha - true. :lol:

But I'd have said this at 15 - can't help my tastes. ;)

This event is a bit on one level for me - it ain't boundary pushing.

...promoters should aim to be more eclectic.

Robder you just can't handle the beats. This is no festival for session pu$$ys 8)

haha this banter is cracking me up . but c'mon rob not every party needs to have chicago house from back in the day . it is what it is

I'm not looking backwards though.

I'm just saying I prefer more eclectic lineups.

This looks like a perfectly good festival.

after a long time...i'll be back there :evil: :evil: :evil:

best set: CARL COX :evil: :evil: :evil: , sven vaeth is crap !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was bang on !! :p

One of the best parties in years for me, best of the night was Squillace, but i left pretty early (around 6h) so I didn't here the whole lot...

Timewarp was ****ing amazing, i think my friends are already sick of me going on about how good it was since i got back on Monday night to Glasgow8)lol,...talk of a big crowd of us going next year, just a brilliant event,..again, like i felt when i came back from sonar festival last eyar, just wished id went to it years ago..im not sure you could get a better one night techno/house event in europe?...i'd recommned this event to anyone who loves their techno...a must do event in my opinion.

great experience our whole weekend in germany, will try and get a more detailed review knocked up later,

top 3:

hawtin, i thought he was fanastic, only managed to see final 3 hrs of him as was at other things, but, thought he delivered,

garnier in floor 3, ..so good was garnier, just stayed for ages, have seen him loads of times, but the LBS sessions seeme to have kicked him back into gear for me, had went with notion of seeing maetrik...never happened..(probably go see garnier again at ptessure on saturday@arches in glasgow)..although my other top 3 are playing in edinburgh on saturday as well (without troxler though)

visionquest....floor 6, i really liked that room, good vibe too it, nice production...just suited visionquest (and jamie jones before hand).....just great tune selection, and a different angle from what the other floors were having, which was quite nice (i did find it strange seemed to be a bit of muted response to what they were doing, i dunno if in germany they arent that into that sound (or maybe just not the crowd that timewarp gets, would've expected the room to be packed out...or maybe i was just getting a bit carried away.

i did notice me jumping about at the front of hawtin as he finished on the clip timewarp posted :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back