Timewarp Mannheim 2012 & Frankfurt clubs

TM78

Really tempted to go to Timewarp this year.

Whose been? How did you get there? Thoughts on the event?

Thinking about going via frankfurt, going to cocoon on the Friday (I see Sven vath & maetrik are playing cocoon) , or is Robert Johnson a better shout?

Did you read this :arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=70254 ?

I'd look into going from Edinburgh on Lufthansa to Frankfurt Main direct rather than take Ryanair to Hahn if you can - very handy, and travel to Mannheim from Frankfurt Main or Central is included with your TW ticket if I'm not mistaken (whereas Hahn or Karlsruhe-Baden airports are outside the free travel zone and quite a long way from either Mannheim or Frankfurt) ?

Cocoon is effectively a big TW pre-party on the Friday. Robert Johnson is out of town in Offenbach (a fair trek) and their line-up for 30th is not out yet I don't think ? They're both great venues - RJ very stripped back and all about the music. Cocoon is much more 'all-round-club'.. but I haven't been to either for yonks. Someone else is bound to have been more recently.

Hahn is not that far from Frankfurt. There are buses that depart on a regular schedule close to arrival times. If you use Hahn I would go back the night before and get a hotel near the airport there are plenty in walking distance. So you don't have to get up at stupid o'clock for your return trip. here is the website http://www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx?menu=by_bus&cc=en If you rent a car it is a 30 to 40 minute drive to Frankfurt. Mannheim is about 1 hour away depending on how fast you drive. The bus takes longer that is why I would suggest returning to the airport area the night before unless you will be clubbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you read this :arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=70254 ?

I'd look into going from Edinburgh on Lufthansa to Frankfurt Main direct rather than take Ryanair to Hahn if you can - very handy, and travel to Mannheim from Frankfurt Main or Central is included with your TW ticket if I'm not mistaken (whereas Hahn or Karlsruhe-Baden airports are outside the free travel zone and quite a long way from either Mannheim or Frankfurt) ?

Cocoon is effectively a big TW pre-party on the Friday. Robert Johnson is out of town in Offenbach (a fair trek) and their line-up for 30th is not out yet I don't think ? They're both great venues - RJ very stripped back and all about the music. Cocoon is much more 'all-round-club'.. but I haven't been to either for yonks. Someone else is bound to have been more recently.
cheers for bumping back up that review, couple of my mates went last year (to be seen dancing about in the timewarp video when troxler is playing)

any idea how long it takes from mannheim city centre to the venue?...whether really worth hanging on in mannheim for the after party (is it hard to get into?) as there is the potential for us to get a late afteroon flight back to edinburgh on the sunday, save staying over another night...timewarp saying it finishes at midday this year?...a reduction on the time from previous years?

sven vath & maetrik are playing cocoon on the friday, and i looked but robert johnson doesnt have the listing out yet.

just booked flights & tickets...well up for this:)
cocoon on the friday as well...vath & gaiser (maetrik cancelled, gaiser in his place, which suits me really)...big weekend!!:):spank::spank:8)

i went last year, it was one of my best parties of the year, if not the best.

luckily ryanair do a direct flight to hahn, arrives friday, comes back monday - perfect!!!

just booked mine for 50€. you can get a regular bus to frankfurt airport or another bus that drops you off in mannheim. there are also cheap hotels directly opposite the airport, if you need to stop a night there.

i stayed with a mate who lives near mannheim train station, so easy peasy.

i went last year, it was one of my best parties of the year, if not the best.

luckily ryanair do a direct flight to hahn, arrives friday, comes back monday - perfect!!!

just booked mine for 50€. you can get a regular bus to frankfurt airport or another bus that drops you off in mannheim. there are also cheap hotels directly opposite the airport, if you need to stop a night there.

i stayed with a mate who lives near mannheim train station, so easy peasy.
8)

yeah we looked at prestwick-hahn with ryanair, but flight times were pretty crap, and the price wsn't that great either.(think no flight back til the tuesday either..was going out on the thursday night)

we got friday-monday with lufthansa for £118 direct to frankfurt, my pal is from aberdeen so flying from there...big saving for us both over flying from edinburgh, and better flight times...long as i get into cocoon and timewarp im not that concerned really:lol::lol:

Magda and marc houle at the robert johson on the friday, that where i'll be going :). Flights from edinburgh at £98 return btw.

Magda and marc houle at the robert johson on the friday, that where i'll be going :). Flights from edinburgh at £98 return btw.

Magda & houle...now that's tempting...might try to do Robert Johnson then cocoon.

Anyone know if cocoon has a last entry time? We have tickets. I see it's on til 7 for the Timewarp warm up
What kinda time would vath be on at cocoon?

£98 from Edinburgh direct ? With Lufthansa ? You must booked a wee while ago, last I looked it was £160 something

Aye mate we booked in december. Would'nt mind catching gaiser a cocoon so might do both :)
good price you got:)
I'd have liked to have booked ages ago but my pal had to sort holiday schedule at work.

Think will maybe wait til see running times at Timewarp , see if any potential clashes when vath & Magda are on there, can see one of them in Frankfurt ...But doing Robert Johnson & cocoon on the Friday I'm up for....could maybe do Robert Johnson on the Sunday night depending on how we're feeling:lol:

villalobos has cancelled, pulled all his dj gig for the next month due to some back injury....**** news really as i really wanted to see him at timewarp.:(

villalobos has cancelled, pulled all his dj gig for the next month due to some back injury....**** news really as i really wanted to see him at timewarp.:(

Never mind, eh .. one or two of the others might be worth having a gander at ?

Timewarp - been 3 times and it is simply one, if not THE best dance event I have been to. Incredible. Don't wimp out - stay until the end, last one we went to was still going strong at 13:30 on the Sunday!

Never mind, eh .. one or two of the others might be worth having a gander at ?
yeah I'm sure I'll manage to pass the time, loads to see:) just Villalobos would've been one of my definite must sees, my pal has never seen him dj before and was looking forward to his set also.

2 weeks:)

Last edited by a moderator:
the line up is silly. as stu said, best party of the year and i live in ibiza!!

timewarp is an annual trip for sure.

yeah I'm sure I'll manage to pass the time, loads to see:) just Villalobos would've been one of my definite must sees, my pal has never seen him dj before and was looking forward to his set also.

2 weeks:)

There will be floors full of great DJs and fantastic music. Plenty of other chances to see Villalobos if your mate really wants to. It's a sure fire time when a headliner pulling out won't dent the experience - and definitely pace yourself properly to stay to the end.

I'd go over myself, but have got a bit past dealing with crowds of that size nowadays.

timetable for saturday:D:D:D

Time TableFloor 1
19:30 - 21:00 Lautleise
21:00 - 22:00 Hobo live
22:00 - 23:15 Paul Ritch live
23:15 - 00:45 Marcel Dettmann
00:45 - 02:15 Ben Klock
02:15 - 04:15 Chris Liebing
04:15 - 06:15 Carl Cox
06:15 - 08:15 Adam Beyer
08:15 - 11:00 DJ Rush

Floor 2
21:00 - 22:00 Seebase
22:00 - 23:30 John Digweed
23:30 - 01:30 Dubfire
01:30 - 02:30 Maetrik live
02:30 - 06:45 Sven Väth
06:45 - 08:00 Extrawelt live
08:00 - 14:00 Richie Hawtin

Floor 3
21:00 - 23:00 Federico Molinari
23:00 - 01:00 Dorian Paic
01:00 - 04:00 Laurent Garnier pres. L.B.S.
04:00 - 06:00 Loco Dice
06:00 - 08:00 Marco Carola
08:00 - 10:00 Kevin Saunderson
10:00 - 12:00 Pan-Pot
12:00 - 14:00 Paco Osuna
Floor 4
22:00 - 23:00 Steffen Baumann
23:00 - 00:30 tINI
00:30 - 02:30 Davide Squillace
02:30 - 04:30 Steve Lawler
04:30 - 06:30 Magda
06:30 - 07:30 Guti live
07:30 - 10:30 Nick Curly & Mathias Kaden b2b

Floor 5
22:00 - 23:30 Steffen Deux
23:30 - 01:00 Felix Kröcher
01:00 - 02:30 Aka Aka feat. Thalstroem live 02:30 - 05:00 Monika Kruse 05:00 - 09:00 Karotte

Floor 6
22:00 - 00:30 Sasch BBC
00:30 - 02:30 Robert Dietz
02:30 - 05:00 Jamie Jones
05:00 - 10:00 Visionquest

Back