tiesto vs Erico Morillo and friends

ibizaboi24

I'm going to the WMC and on the 26th Tiesto is playing or I can go see Eric Morillo and friends. Who would you go to?

Eric Morillo, Harry "choo choo" romero, Steve Angelo, Seb Fontaine, Jason Herd feat Abigail Baily,etc

Tiesto...solo

I concur. Go to the Morillo party as it's got a good line-up... just take a break when he's playing!

Morillo, defo, even if its just to see Steve Angello, he's on fire right now!!

How come Morillo seems to fallen foul with with the masses?

i hate how it has become fashionable to dislike and bad mouth erick within the clubbing fraternity. i'm a bit of a clubbing/music snob myself but cannot believe how much stick he gets. :x

i stil consider myself a fan of his and have liked (well kinda) nearly everything he's been involved since real 2 reel and lil mo ying yang thru all the subliminal stuff and offshoots. sure there's been a few turkeys in there, which label hasn't and of course he's sold out a bit - he's running a business...........liar, anyone who says they wouldn't want to make a shed load of cash from producing/remixing/promoting music.

morillo, for me, is still the ultimate party dj:p

grego said:
i hate how it has become fashionable to dislike and bad mouth erick within the clubbing fraternity. i'm a bit of a clubbing/music snob myself but cannot believe how much stick he gets. :x

i stil consider myself a fan of his and have liked (well kinda) nearly everything he's been involved since real 2 reel and lil mo ying yang thru all the subliminal stuff and offshoots. sure there's been a few turkeys in there, which label hasn't and of course he's sold out a bit - he's running a business...........liar, anyone who says they wouldn't want to make a shed load of cash from producing/remixing/promoting music.

morillo, for me, is still the ultimate party dj:p

I'm with you Grego, back when I was a young Pup-pess Erick was God imo and I've followed him thru all his different residencies and guises. I don't see as much of him these days as I used to but I still think he's a great party DJ who will keep you dancing all night :D

I've always thought Erick was hit or miss. I've seen him several times in Ibiza and Moscow and it seems like every other set is good.

Don't get me wrong - when he's on, he is definitely on. I remember some killer sets in Space (Ibiza) and Penthouse (Moscow). But I saw him play 2 weeks ago at Club XIII in Moscow and he was entirely average. Last time I attended Subliminal @ Pacha I was also less than impressed.

Like I said, hit or miss. My comment above was based solely on my most recent Morillo experience.

Eric was really good at the Subliminal and Space closing parties last year I thought.

Try to catch Seb Fontaine too, he's been brilliant recently.

Whilst I acknowledge he's got far too big an ego, and a particular high opinion of himself, as an A&R man, he's talented, as a DJ he's exceptionally talented, as a man, he's a *****, but does not mean i can't recognise and appreciate his talents!!

Philly Cent said:
Whilst I acknowledge he's got far too big an ego, and a particular high opinion of himself, as an A&R man, he's talented, as a DJ he's exceptionally talented, as a man, he's a *****, but does not mean i can't recognise and appreciate his talents!!

don't think his A&R of DJ talents have ever been questionable. his music/style/track selection is regularly slated but thats just personal taste in some regards.

i'm sure everyone who has come into contact with erick (or other industry A-listers) will have formed a slightly different opinion of him BUT i can't believe anyone would think he was a ***** (?:lol: ). i've always found him one of the more friendly types, always keen to say hello and say "que tal?" and in more intimate environments he's always seemed quite genuine.

in fact compared to many other hundreds of djs/promoters much farther down the food chain than erick, IMO his ego is tiny. come on man! you must know of loads of djs who are nobodies but act like monarchs and demand royal treatment.

I think it might be time to stop Morillo bashing soon - judging by a recent mix I heard, he might be back on form again.

(I said 'might')

i have to agree with grego and barbie, morillo is one of the best party djs on the circuit.
ive never understood or will understand people that slag him. when i go out i want a good combo of underground tunes and tunes i know that rip it up and i think thats what u get with morillo.

i dont want to turn into one these chin stroking house music fans that are too cool for school and thats why i think morillo takes a bit of a pounding- because its popular to have a dig at him at the moment.

anytime ive seen him, he has seemed a genuine guy who had no problem posing for numerous photos. and when people say he has sold out, maybe he has to a degree but it strikes me as jealously more than anything else.

people who have done nothing of any significance in their professional life often rely on this swipe at other people.

Back