Tiësto Opening Party

ukBigDave

Mornin all,

Heading out on the 8th June (first timer :oops:) which 'appens to be the opening night of Tiesto :D .. Now being a noob to the 'white isle' I was just wondering how rammed you think this night will be (seeing it's early june?) Just I don't handle massivly over-packed clubs too well (slightly claustrophobic!). From what i've heard this night is a guaranteed sell out so im 2 minds wether it's worth shelling out top euro's for it when I might leave after an hour if it gets too much..

And yes I know it's gonna be busy in the clubs out there, and I don't mind a heaving dancefloor but from some of the stories i've read on these forums (like the hed kandi nights) it just gets silly where you struggle to move your arms from your side! :(

Cheers

It will be full to the brim mate, the word 'sold out' generally doesn't apply in Ibiza but apparently at the opening party last year it literally was sold out! You should be okay if your towards the back just behind the VIP bit, its not so hot back there, i would not advise you going to the main front dance floor though, that will be carnage!

i think the opening will be pretty cool to be honest.

it's not gonna be jampacked so you can't move, there isn't enough clubbers on the island.

i reckon it will be very busy but privilege can cope with this and the dancefloor should be sound for dancing.

even at the busiest parties last year in the big clubs (cream, cocoon, tiesto), you could always find a space to dance.

FMIF or hed kandi it is like sardines.

Thanks for the info ppl, guess where it's my first time im like a lil kid! im going with mates and 1 of 'em has been before so im sure it'll all be fine. Just the Tiesto party sounds like I might regret it if I miss it so was thinking of buying the tickets on this site before I go.

Thanks for the tip Streety, I'll keep that in mind and try 'n track that lil area down when I get there.

Grego, thanks for confirming what i'd heard about FMIF/Hed Kandi. Slightly OT: not sure what your musical cup of tea is, but me 'n me mates do like funky 'n soulful house but we're not at all snobbish (or beer boys - we're just 'normal blokes') so don't think we'd like tha Hed Kandi crowd from what i've heard (no offence HK fans). Got any tips for a good funky house night with a decent crowd? Sorry to pick your brains, just your a helpful bloke 'n seem to know what your on about.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info ppl, guess where it's my first time im like a lil kid! im going with mates and 1 of 'em has been before so im sure it'll all be fine. Just the Tiesto party sounds like I might regret it if I miss it so was thinking of buying the tickets on this site before I go.

Thanks for the tip Streety, I'll keep that in mind and try 'n track that lil area down when I get there.

Grego, thanks for confirming what i'd heard about FMIF/Hed Kandi. Slightly OT: not sure what your musical cup of tea is, but me 'n me mates do like funky 'n soulful house but we're not at all snobbish (or beer boys - we're just 'normal blokes') so don't think we'd like tha Hed Kandi crowd from what i've heard (no offence HK fans). Got any tips for a good funky house night with a decent crowd? Sorry to pick your brains, just your a helpful bloke 'n seem to know what your on about.

Cheers

i'd still buy the tickets http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/tiesto_i.htm

no events in ibiza 'sell out' as such, there are just different advantages to having internet tickets.

you can't really go wrong with a night at pacha based on what you said, but like i've said i think you'd prob find FMIF too much, most other nights you'll probably like.

we love will have some decent soulful house music playing somewhere.

basically, what dates are you here, then look at the calendar and see which DJs are playing where. for example, sneak is playing at cocoon one week.......so a lot of the time you can't generalise.

there aren't enough proper house music nights on the island IMO

i'd still buy the tickets http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/tiesto_i.htm

no events in ibiza 'sell out' as such, there are just different advantages to having internet tickets.

you can't really go wrong with a night at pacha based on what you said, but like i've said i think you'd prob find FMIF too much, most other nights you'll probably like.

we love will have some decent soulful house music playing somewhere.

basically, what dates are you here, then look at the calendar and see which DJs are playing where. for example, sneak is playing at cocoon one week.......so a lot of the time you can't generalise.

there aren't enough proper house music nights on the island IMO

Cheers Grego - im gutted that i won't be able to make it to 'we love'.. We arrive on monday the 8th June and leave about 1am mon 15th (so no big night out on sunday :cry: ) although am i right in saying we love opens about 4:30 in the afternoon? sunday the 14th is we love's opening night, maybe we could go for 4-5 hrs before heading to the airport :D.. Sadly cocoon is the day after we leave!

Yeah i've been keeping an eye on the party calender and trying to work out where to go on what nights.. Problem is im on a bit of a budget so Pacha might have to be a 1 off going by what i've heard. Your right though, there don't seem to be that many out 'n out house nights but I guess it won't be hard finding somewhere thats playing whatever we fancy listening to at the time.

Looking at the calendar looks like it might be Tiesto (mon) maybe Subliminal or Garlands (wed) Amnesia opening (sat) and maybe 1 of the fiesta del agua nights depending on the DJ's...

Thanks for the tips - im trying to convince my mates to buy the tiesto tickets before we go cos of the guestlist thing but then some people say wait till you get out there for better deals.. guess it's a toss up between guestlist or slightly cheaper deal out there/or a free drink chucked in.

Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Grego - im gutted that i won't be able to make it to 'we love'.. We arrive on monday the 8th June and leave about 1am mon 15th (so no big night out on sunday :cry: ) although am i right in saying we love opens about 4:30 in the afternoon? sunday the 14th is we love's opening night, maybe we could go for 4-5 hrs before heading to the airport :D.. Sadly cocoon is the day after we leave!

Yeah i've been keeping an eye on the party calender and trying to work out where to go on what nights.. Problem is im on a bit of a budget so Pacha might have to be a 1 off going by what i've heard. Your right though, there don't seem to be that many out 'n out house nights but I guess it won't be hard finding somewhere thats playing whatever we fancy listening to at the time.

Looking at the calendar looks like it might be Tiesto (mon) maybe Subliminal or Garlands (wed) Amnesia opening (sat) and maybe 1 of the fiesta del agua nights depending on the DJ's...

Thanks for the tips - im trying to convince my mates to buy the tiesto tickets before we go cos of the guestlist thing but then some people say wait till you get out there for better deals.. guess it's a toss up between guestlist or slightly cheaper deal out there/or a free drink chucked in.

Thanks for taking the time to share your wisdom :)

you could go to we love in the afternoon, but it's not like it used to be and things don't get going till much later, so prob best to leave that one.

i'd go to pacha on the wed, erick is always good for some party music. if you're really on a budget, why not try having a meal in the restuarant, then you get free entry to the club. nice meal and club entry all in one.

i'd defo recommend amnesia opening, it goes on till midday/1pm the next day and is free (pretty much) in the morning, which is the best bit.

as for tiesto tickets, you simply won't get em any cheaper than 50. spotlight even refunds the difference if all of sudden they are being sold cheaper.

if i were you i would go for subliminal on the wednesday and maybe pukka up if its open or hed kandi rather than the water party, hed kandi should be a lot better this year with the move to eden i would have thought it would still be really busy but its early in the season and its a bigger club so there should be more room to move i would have thought

you could go to we love in the afternoon, but it's not like it used to be and things don't get going till much later, so prob best to leave that one.

i'd go to pacha on the wed, erick is always good for some party music. if you're really on a budget, why not try having a meal in the restuarant, then you get free entry to the club. nice meal and club entry all in one.

i'd defo recommend amnesia opening, it goes on till midday/1pm the next day and is free (pretty much) in the morning, which is the best bit.

as for tiesto tickets, you simply won't get em any cheaper than 50. spotlight even refunds the difference if all of sudden they are being sold cheaper.

The voice of reason Grego! From what i've read seems the afternoon part of 'we love' isn't all that since the 'ol days' so yeah, prob give that one a miss then.

As for the pacha idea, yeah I saw a thread about that the other day so with it being early'ish season I may try 'n book us a table for wed/subliminal, as you said it should be a pretty good party night, plus decent grub and it doesn't work out much more than the cost of getting in anyway.

I really wanna go Amnesia just for the ice cannon experience - cos it's not like im gonna get that anywhere else. When you sayit goes on till midday, I take it thats no longer the case with the new laws?

if i were you i would go for subliminal on the wednesday and maybe pukka up if its open or hed kandi rather than the water party, hed kandi should be a lot better this year with the move to eden i would have thought it would still be really busy but its early in the season and its a bigger club so there should be more room to move i would have thought

Thanks for the extra info discodotty, I guessed subliminal would be one to go for so thats definetly gonna happen - prob do that one with the meal. I see what your saying about HK & PKU moving to Eden and as we're staying in SA we can always check what the local vibe is on the night and see what ppl think. Yeah im hoping your right, thats why we chose early June - credit crunch or not.. I can see the place still being rammed during july/aug/sept.. 25 days and counting! I can't wait!

Thanks again to you both for pointing me in the right directions, I prefer listening to ppl on here cos it goes without saying the PR ppl out there will swear blind their night is 'the place to be' so I'd prefer to have an idea of where im going before I go out there.

Tiesto opening night!!!

G'dey Fellow Spotlighters!!!!

Who all's going to Tiesto on June 8th???!!!!

It's my first trip to Ibiza and my first big club night is going to be Tiesto's 2009 season opener on June 8th!!!!! It's going to be INCREDIBLE!!!!! I haven't been in to the music scene for very long.....but when I first started, it was DVDs of Tiesto's live shows (Elements of Life) that got me really excited and interested!!!! Now, less than a year later, I'll see him live...in IBIZA!!!!! This vaca is going to be redic!!!!

I'm looking forward to Tiesto and some of the other big names, but am also looking forward to these ten days in the Mecca of electronic music as an opportunity to really broaden my musical tastes and experiences. Would love to encountered some underground/less commercialized parties/aspects of the industry. Pls leave any suggestions in this regard as well.

Holla if you'll be there!!!!!!

AT

combined threads

hey Big Dave,
So, I posted my above msg on the open chat board, and it was moved to here. Thus, i'm piggybacking on your thread. I'll be there about the same time, arriving a day before and leaving a day after, you. So all the info shared here is very useful...thanks guys. So far I'm planning for Tiesto on Monday (8th) Subliminal on Wed, FMIF on Thursday, We Love opening on Sunday then either Tiesto again or Cocoon on Monday (the 15th)

I'm a bit bummed about going to Pacha 2 nights in a row, seeing as how this is my first trip and I haven't read great reveiws of the place on here. What are you opinions about alternatives for either Wed or Thursday?

Also, cocoon on the 15th, or see Tiesto a second time? Based on your experiences w/ Tiesto in the past, how different are his shows likely to be...opening show vs. second show??

Thanks guys. And Dave, where are you guys staying at? I'm still looking around, let me know if you found a great deal anywhere.

Cheers,
AT

I've just been thinking... last year Tiesto was joined by a few other names on the line ups.... Sander Van Doorn, First State, Mat Zo, Airbase, Chris Lake.... Riley & Durrant did the back room.

This year, is Tiesto all on his own? Is it 8 or so hours of Tiesto every week? His season is already well under way and I've not seen any mention of support DJs.

I've just been thinking... last year Tiesto was joined by a few other names on the line ups.... Sander Van Doorn, First State, Mat Zo, Airbase, Chris Lake.... Riley & Durrant did the back room.

This year, is Tiesto all on his own? Is it 8 or so hours of Tiesto every week? His season is already well under way and I've not seen any mention of support DJs.

I wondered about this.

Has he been supported by anyone else this summer?!?!?

Back