Tidy - Anyone got any info?

Tidy was @ Eden last year mate!

Iv heard its not coming back either... aparently the Tidy Boys are too big to just DJ now, they only want to play at festivals!

Tidy was @ Eden last year mate!

Iv heard its not coming back either... aparently the Tidy Boys are too big to just DJ now, they only want to play at festivals!

Not quite true that, mate. The Tidy Boys left Tidy quite a while ago and I have had little or nothing to do with the running of Tidy for well over a year now. They moved away to focus on other projects, not all of them music oriented. Amo is now working with Slinky, I think. Sam Townend is now the main man behind Tidy's output and he DJs as part of the Tidy DJs. And, in terms of DJing, the Tidy Boys are now signed to a management company called "Chic Ibiza". There was talk of them retiring, but they've just scaled down their touring schedule and will now only do festivals and maybe some gigs in Ibiza. It's got nothing to do with them "being too big".

Tidy were at Eden last year and shared a night with Advanced... and Dave Pearce was on most of the line ups. To be honest, looking at most of those line ups from last year, they seemed pretty mixed up. I mean, for example, I love both Agnelli & Nelson and Amber D... but on the same bill in the same room... nope.

Tidy have a Ibiza Boot Camp thing going on this year, so for them not have their own night would be surprising in the extreme. Apparently they are in talks to go back to Es Paradis. Hopefully it turns out to be a successful venture. The Extreme Euphoria vs. Tidy night at Es Paradis I went to 2005 was the best night of my holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite true that, mate. The Tidy Boys left Tidy quite a while ago and I have had little or nothing to do with the running of Tidy for well over a year now. They moved away to focus on other projects, not all of them music oriented. Amo is now working with Slinky, I think. Sam Townend is now the main man behind Tidy's output and he DJs as part of the Tidy DJs. And, in terms of DJing, the Tidy Boys are now signed to a management company called "Chic Ibiza". There was talk of them retiring, but they've just scaled down their touring schedule and will now only do festivals and maybe some gigs in Ibiza. It's got nothing to do with them "being too big".

Tidy were at Eden last year and shared a night with Advanced... and Dave Pearce was on most of the line ups. To be honest, looking at most of those line ups from last year, they seemed pretty mixed up. I mean, for example, I love both Agnelli & Nelson and Amber D... but on the same bill in the same room... nope.

Tidy have a Ibiza Boot Camp thing going on this year, so for them not have their own night would be surprising in the extreme. Apparently they are in talks to go back to Es Paradis. Hopefully it turns out to be a successful venture. The Extreme Euphoria vs. Tidy night at Es Paradis I went to 2005 was the best night of my holiday.

Yeah, thats what i meant... :confused:

Thanks for the great reply Phil_Dicko and glad you had great night in previous years.

Boot Camp is more than likely run by Chic Ibiza who are also involved in next weekends atomik weekender. www.atomikweekender.com

Can't see any dates for boot camp though. Maybe I will try Chic see what they say. EDIT http://www.ibizabootcamp.com/

And yes Tidy boys left Tidy label last year and Tidy have now handed over the reings of weekenders to Chic and thier crew. Hoping it all goes well next weekend as weekenders are fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, mate. Yeah, after the great night I had in 2005 I would love a good hard house night this coming year. Fingers crossed it doesn't clash with anything and that the line ups are good.

2008 they had a weekly night with Pearcy at Eden and the Boot camp had a couple of nights at Es-paridis for the week it was on.

I went to the weekender in October and they said the boot camp would be coming back to Ibiza in 09. They also said the Tidy boys had bought the Tidy franchise which actually fell through a short while after so I dunno if the boot camp thing is coming back this year or not now.

ten

The Tidy Boot Camp is still happening as far as I know. Dates are 13th of June to the 20th of June. You're right that The Tidy Boys did try and buy out the people who own Tidy (The Music Factory) but it fell through after they announced it at one of the Weekenders. And there was talk of that impacting on the Boot Camp (people who had booked asking for reassurances etc.) but it looks like it hasn't.

>> http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38604824781

As I say, The Tidy Boys haven't had any involvement in running Tidy for a good while now and (afaik) haven't had any financial stake since Andy's involvement in the earlier days of The Music Factory. So whether Tidy do or don't have a night in Ibiza isn't really down to them... although that's not to say they might play some of the Tidy nights in Ibiza if Chic Ibiza are involved.

Well after being a bit worried about Chic and the Atomik weekender it all appears to be pulling together nicley.

Doing Boot Camp special offers this weekend and the lineup is as usual Tidy Boys, Savage, Lashes etc.

Looking forward to weekend and my Saturday Afternoon House sessions

13:00 - 14:00 Paul Calvy & Toddy
14:00 - 15:00 Rob Tissera
15.00-16.00 Paul Flintoff
16.00-17.00 Em Extreme

It was pretty good.

Quieter than a normal Tidy Weekender, Room 2 sound system was crap and Clubland (arena 3) pulled out at last minute.

Apart from that though had a good time.

Anyone hear about the official TW16 being in Blackpool end of the year?

tom

It was pretty good.

Quieter than a normal Tidy Weekender, Room 2 sound system was crap and Clubland (arena 3) pulled out at last minute.

Apart from that though had a good time.

Anyone hear about the official TW16 being in Blackpool end of the year?

tom

A new year Tidy again. Whoo Hoo. Will keep my eyes open for that

The Extreme Euphoria vs. Tidy night at Es Paradis I went to 2005 was the best night of my holiday.
aye..... remember those tidy bums? happy days.....

DSC01981.JPG
DSC02045.JPG

seriously now, here are the latest news arrived to the McOffice:

:arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?p=1270161#post1270161

Well, according to the Ibiza Gossip thread, Tidy ain't happening this year. Just a few "one off" events, which I'm assuming will coincide with the Boot Camp in June.

Slightly disappointing, I suppose, because I just know that Alex Kidd's brand which is apparently landing at Es Paradis won't be able to fill Tidy's big big shoes, Tidy Boys or no Tidy Boys.

But then again, this out of the equation means fewer difficult decisions to make and more opportunities to sample something different.

Some big new for any Tidy Boys fans out there, Amadeus Mozart, one of the Tidy Boys has announced today on their facebook site, that
Amadeus Mozart lets slip that Atomik will be in Ibiza every Wednesday at a new cool venue in San Antonio

Does anyone reckon an Atomik night with the Tidy Boys at Boho, the new club in San An is on the cards??

Back