thriller sample - anyone know it?

james

Administrator
Staff member
just listening to a kiss fm show from diggers about 2 months ago and the guest dj - alex wheelan - is playing a really funky track which samples the "you close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination" vocal from thriller

(i think someone has it as their signature here ;-)

anyway it just brings goosepimples when i listen to it.

anyone know who it is by, or whether it is new / old, etc

cheers

james said:
just listening to a kiss fm show from diggers about 2 months ago and the guest dj - alex wheelan - is playing a really funky track which samples the "you close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination" vocal from thriller

(i think someone has it as their signature here ;-)

anyway it just brings goosepimples when i listen to it.

anyone know who it is by, or whether it is new / old, etc

cheers

An absolutely amazing tune.

Gets overlooked by everyone for being maybe a little obvious and cheesy, but I really rate it.

Its only problem is the start. Its a bit boring and mundane, and the speech (Yo party people we gotta keep this thing goin')has been used too many times. It takes quite a while to get going, but when it does OH MY GOD.

"You close your eyes, And hope that its just your'magination...
imagination...
imagination...
imagination..."

Goosepijples is JUST the word i'd use.

Anyway? what is it?

well

Its a bootleg on a double sided vinyl. The tune is called Thrill Her. The artist will probably be listed as Unknown or Thrill Her again. The remixer is belived to be none other than Danny Howells, if my memory serves me well.

On the flip, is another bootleg, this time of a Prince tune, whiich could be Controversy or something. Instantly forgettable, and not a patch on the Thrill her masterpiece.

You have good taste my man.

(edited to add... I have it on MP3 if thats any help ;) )

You could get it from HMV as well a few months ago.
Its not my thing really as idon't really buy bootleg tunes.
I can see the appeal though.

thanks all,

especially x-ammount - what a cracking informed reply ;-)

cheers

p.s. just listening to the mp3 sample on juno records - double thanks for that tip too from the other topic

Back