Thought I'd share my opinion

none take dandan, but I would say people are dwelling on the 20% of "negative" posts and not looking to the 80% positive posts.

If they get you down, dont read them, they're just opinions, everyone has them, they're like arseholes...... :lol::lol::lol:

I personally like the diversity of the comments on here, its what a discussion board is for, I would be totally against a 100% "Ibiza is the bollocks" website, no one to debate with ???? Not for me ......... 8)8)

totally agree, without a range of opinions & views the world would be a pretty dull place!

it is good to gauge how different people look at the same thing in 2 totally different ways, Personally I do think Ibiza is the bollocks.. as I'm sure u & millions of others do too!

I guess I just don't like people moaning about the place when it is clearly still a magical place , however, everyone is entitled to their opinion & i do respect that.

all that said i'm fairly sure that anyone reading this will all agree there is no where else like it in the world & we WILL all be back at some point!!!

What bugs me more than the "it was better back in the day" people is the whining about how expensive everything is. It's like people forget about such things as currency fluctuations and inflation. Yes, some of the clubs are comparatively expensive, but it's not substantially worse than London or Moscow and you're getting a better product. Aside from that, it's not an expensive place at all. DEAL WITH IT! :lol:

What bugs me more than the "it was better back in the day" people is the whining about how expensive everything is. It's like people forget about such things as currency fluctuations and inflation. Yes, some of the clubs are comparatively expensive, but it's not substantially worse than London or Moscow and you're getting a better product. Aside from that, it's not an expensive place at all. DEAL WITH IT! :lol:

Just been to buy some fresh fruit this morning - its far too expensive.......... :cry::cry::cry:

this is a FORUM! :rolleyes:

a place where people can share their opinions, views and experiences. not every single opinion, view or experience is going to be a positive one and people might not agree with everything people say. that is the whole point. :spank:

and so what if people moan about things like prices - personally i'd rather know the score beforehand and make a judgement to avoid the feeling that you're getting ripped off or at a rubbish party. sharing information is good! debate is good! four legs bad!

True, Mits, but often the complaints lack perspective. They might also have the effect of scaring people off from visiting the island. Surely people love a good moan but it has gotten excessive since your pound tanked.

I could easily spend as much on a night out in Moscow as I do on a night out in Ibiza (and clubs here don't charge at the door!). Eating out in Ibiza is not at all expensive. Hotels there are actually cheaper than, for example, Dubrovnik, Croatia where the missus and I just vacationed.

It's not the cheapest place on earth, but by far not the most expensive... but with some of the complaining you see around here lately, the uninitiated might think otherwise.

I am going to start one of those totally pointless online petitions.

"Please sign this petittion if you want Ibiza to re-adopt the peseta @ a very favourable exchange rate with sterling".

Now they WERE the good old days when £20 would last two weeks :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree completely on cost.

if you get gaked up, stay at la miranor, buy rounds of drinks in pacha & eat in bambudda grove every night you are going to spend a fortune. but so would you in london, or any major city.

but same goes for anywere, it can be done on a budget. unbelievably cheap to eat in places, drink in cheaper bars etc etc. you can spend the same as in shag a scruff.

it becomes a pi ss fighting competition, see how much i spent.

True, Mits, but often the complaints lack perspective. They might also have the effect of scaring people off from visiting the island. Surely people love a good moan but it has gotten excessive since your pound tanked.

I could easily spend as much on a night out in Moscow as I do on a night out in Ibiza (and clubs here don't charge at the door!). Eating out in Ibiza is not at all expensive. Hotels there are actually cheaper than, for example, Dubrovnik, Croatia where the missus and I just vacationed.

It's not the cheapest place on earth, but by far not the most expensive... but with some of the complaining you see around here lately, the uninitiated might think otherwise.

Fortunately i don't think us moaning will make any difference to whether people come to ibiza or not - but the hard facts might - DC10 closed, no more 24 hour clubbing, club nights shortened, no outdoor parties, a shift to a richer, VIP crowd...

Ibiza is certainly a changing island - some for the best, some for the worst... it just depends on your viewpoint and what you are into. for every person that is put off by the changes, there will be another that thinks 'wow more vip areas! i'm booking tomorrow!' or 'finally ibiza has some 5 star hotels!'

I think the forums are a fantastic source of information about every aspect of what ibiza has to offer and people know to take everything with a pinch of salt and experience it for themselves before they make up their minds. in fact i would think it weird if all you read was good news stories - i would be very suspicious... like maybe everyone on here is being bankrolled by space ha ha :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya, Cameron. And I'm with you.

In my book, the right word isn't "better" or "worse", but different. Every year is a bit different. That's actually probably a good thing. The strong adapt.

Hit the nail on the head here my friend ... and it´s what i tell so many workers who feel their second year is not as good as their first.

It´s just different ... every year is different, with it´s own ups & downs. Personally, this is my best working summer so far 8)

Granted, but the Door taxes at the Clubs 60e at Pacha & space, on top of their drinks prices, is excessive!

Back