things to do on the northern side of Ibiza?

Ibiza-girlie

i´ve always put my focuse on Ibiza town, San An and the surrounding areas. this year we´ll rent a jeep and see some more....any suggestions to what´s to see up north??

i.e benirrass, san miguel, punta de sa galera :D

Benirrass its a beautiful beach, where every sunday its held a party at sunset.

San miguel its a little town, where god bars (Ibicencan style)

Punta de Sa Galera one of my favourites beach, its all rock, and sometimes there is a group doing thai-chi

And aigues blanques is a nudist beach with a great chiringuito run by an argentinan family (try the beef sandwich)

Been to Portinax once. Looked like a little bit of Malaga transported to Ibiza. Loads of british families, loads and loads and loads of old ladies. Very nice beach. Watched England v Brazil in a bar there last summer, drinking beer at 0730 with loads of young dads and their sons in England shirts. great fun (apart from the game, obviously)

San Juan is cool. Nice Eco Shop, lots of deutches hippy stuff. Got one of the best massages Ive ever had there.

Benniras was fine, nice sunset, chilled beach, but a few too many skanky crusties with their horrible offspring and smelly dogs for my liking.

Walking in the hills and valleys is super cool.

Listen out for the parties :?:

rustywoo said:
Been to Portinax once. Looked like a little bit of Malaga transported to Ibiza. Loads of british families, loads and loads and loads of old ladies. Very nice beach. Watched England v Brazil in a bar there last summer, drinking beer at 0730 with loads of young dads and their sons in England shirts. great fun (apart from the game, obviously)

San Juan is cool. Nice Eco Shop, lots of deutches hippy stuff. Got one of the best massages Ive ever had there.

Benniras was fine, nice sunset, chilled beach, but a few too many skanky crusties with their horrible offspring and smelly dogs for my liking.

Walking in the hills and valleys is super cool.

Listen out for the parties :?:

I said Portinax as a central point, if you move a bit away from there you can find some secluded beaches. Prepare to go down some steep roads though.

lostinspace said:
I said Portinax as a central point, if you move a bit away from there you can find some secluded beaches. Prepare to go down some steep roads though.

cala Xarraca by any chance?

Robo said:
lostinspace said:

cala Xarraca by any chance?

yep def around there, saw sign for it & went down a road that said cala something. Just got back some pics from there & the water looks fab. Memories of a great day, virtually nobody about apart from a group of 5 of us & the odd boat going past :)

Ibiza-girlie said:
the plan is to find secluded beaches and to have a nice romantic trip up north.......any good restaurants there as well???

now you have started me off -200mtrs beyond Xarraca towards Portinatx is S'Illott on the left down a winding dirt road. About half way down the cliff is a restaurant where you could eat off the floor. Sit 10 mtrs above the small beach under the pine trees with a spectacular view across to Portinatx and enjoy fish and chips - locals will correct me but the fish I think was Rotja or something like that with a green salad and unfortunately CHIPS. The fish was superb with a good bottle of dry white. We often go there just for a drink in the evening and the beach and the crystal clear water is busy if there are 12 people there but the views over the bay of Xarraca are best in the morning. We have had the beach to ourselves up until lunchtime before now - one of my favourite places on the island
IMAG0000.JPG

Tony said:
200mtrs beyond Xarraca towards Portinatx is S'Illott on the left down a winding dirt road

s'illot des renclí - excellent recommendation!! :D

i0043.jpg

Tony said:
locals will correct me but the fish I think was Rotja or something like that

correct!! ;)

07.jpg
<--- :eek:

ha ha.

that brings back memories. the best bit of the rotja is its 'cheeks' and an attentive waiter will usually ensure that the lady diner gets these.
the first time we had it my wife shovelled the cheeks off to the side of the plate with an 'i'm not eating that' look.

Back