Things that seemed normal at school but seem rather odd now

I-Spy

My son came back from school the other day.
Apparently they had held an auction for the kids.
The lots were 30 ducklings.
So, imagine all these 10 year olds buying a little duck each.
Some escapedand were being chased around the classroom, some were being made to drive toy cars and others flight tested.
He said it was chaos.
I was lucky because he said he almost bought one too.

I remember when I was at school a truck used to come once a week to collect all the waste food from the canteen for a pig farm.
When it arrived word used to go around the playground ''Pigman, Pigman''.
All the kids would then collect rocks, clay and tin cans so that when he left the truck would get pelted by 30 odd crazy school kids.
It was normal.

Hahaha, hilarious!

I went to a Catholic primary school, and around each Easter we would "crucify" one of the girls by tying her cardigan to the wire mesh fence and then have many a happy lunchtime standing guard as Roman soldiers while her friends tried in vain to free her. we were aboput 8 at the time.

And god help you if you were chosen to play the part of Judas....:lol:

Hahaha, hilarious!

I went to a Catholic primary school, and around each Easter we would "crucify" one of the girls by tying her cardigan to the wire mesh fence and then have many a happy lunchtime standing guard as Roman soldiers while her friends tried in vain to free her. we were aboput 8 at the time.

And god help you if you were chosen to play the part of Judas....:lol:

:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thoought this was going to be some kind of christian brothers thread..

Oija boarding. Catholic primary school again, I was convinced it told me arsenal were going to win the league.

We would also crucify - lads for us though - in secondary school. Pin em to the desk & give em hell.

Spitting on your chips so no one else would touch them (maybe thats just a wirral thing?)

funny stories David and mark.

God, we had so many "rules of the playground".......funny times, probably the biggest influence in my life as a kid.

Oh yeah, on Guy Fawkes night rockets used to go flying up the corridors and Roman Candles were set off in the toilets.
Those things really create a lot of different coloured smoke indoors.

Also remember after school watching some other kids from another local gang who had built an underground camp on some waste land.
It was basicaly a pit dug out with a framework over the top and then covered with dirt. The only way being in and out was through a door made from a dustbin lid.
They had lit a fire inside and filled it with smoke.
One kid was sitting on the lid with a stopwatch while the rest proceeded to take turns each to see who could stay down there the longest.
Even at 11 years old I kind of thought that this wasn't such a great idea.
Peter Saunders, if you're out there....

At my school the ice cream man used to come onto the scool site and park before serving us kids, his name was franco something (can't remember now)

But he stopped coming because on two or three occasions a large gang of children would surround his van and start violently rocking it while chanting " frank the w**k, frank the w**k"
Needless to say he didn't like it too much.

Back