The Wire

I agree. Genuinely excellent.

One of the very few programs that doesn't assume that its audience is a bunch of mooing fukcwits that require the plot regurgitating in simpleton's terms every half hour.

I agree. Genuinely excellent.

One of the very few programs that doesn't assume that its audience is a bunch of mooing fukcwits that require the plot regurgitating in simpleton's terms every half hour.

Excellent point. It isn't for all people but I'd challenge anyone not to love it after a couple epsidoes. Fantastic characters, great storylines and very intelligently made.

Which series was your favourite? Favourite character?

yes absolutely love it

finished up watching the final season there last week
favourite season would have been the 3rd or 4th and favourite character i'd say would be omar or stringer bell

some of the plots and people in it are based on events that actually happened aswell. For example the hamsterdam plot where they legalised drugs did actually happen before and omar's character and snoop's character are based on real people. Snoop actually playing herself in it

The character who played Snoop actually murdered someone apparently. Spent a few years. My favourite season had to be the third as it was more focused on the drug crews and, also, Marlo. Did anyone else find Chris really intimidating? Superbly cast, can see why he caused so much terror in Baltimore. He was one cold mofo! My only gripe was Tom Carcetti - I HATED him.

Finished all 5 seasons two months back. Definately the best tv prog i have ever seen and is about 1000 times better then lost.(i don't watch a lot of tv) It really sucks you into the characters and storylines and when it was all over i felt a bit empty . Thought season 3 was a bit slow thanks to that carcetti tosser although did start to like him a bit better through the last 2 seasons. I ended up buying 2 books by the writer David Simon because i miss it too much. Homicide(which was made into Homicide: life on the street) and the corner.

One of the best things I have ever seen on TV, FACT. Halfway through the last series at the moment and am dreading when it is finished to be honest.

Excluding the 5th series I think the 1st is the best to be honest due to the focus on the Barksdale crew. All the others expand and embellish the basic drug trade theme with great skill.

Favourite characters - Omar or Bunk.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I've just started the first season. Not huuuuugely impressed with it so far. Think the acting is quite wooden and the storyline's just arent grabbing me in the same way The Soprano's did.

I'm 3 episodes in...Will it get better?

I've just started the first season. Not huuuuugely impressed with it so far. Think the acting is quite wooden and the storyline's just arent grabbing me in the same way The Soprano's did.

Its a real slow burner, stick with it, the greatest TV i have ever seen

"Glark"...

... to coin of phrase of surprise from The Beano

When you start to work out who is who and you get some continuity, it will grab you. Trust me you will care when some of these people get whacked!

I was gutted when a certain person got popped by Omar.

Over the last 3 months, I've watched the first 4 seasons, about to embark on the 5th and can't wait. I also thought season one was a bit slow, took about 5 or 6 episodes to get into it.

Great program, It started from the book the corner and morphed into the wire. If you have a chance look for the corner. It will show real life on the streets Of Baltimore. This is what the wire came from. I think HBO did the corner also. Stick with the wire it will grab you. I was sorry to see it end. If you are into danger tourism you can go to the street of baltimore and see things up close and personal.:eek:

yeah took me about 5 episodes (slowly watched over several months) to finally get into it.

still not got round to watching the 6th episode onwards, but figure I've got time enough to get through the next 5 seasons!

Back