The Winter social - 11th March

Yes bro, been to them all. I couldn't recommend it enough, the line up is awesome.

If you want the link let me know, it's a bargain and top marks to Springal for letting us know....personally I go VIP, bit for £15 it's a steal

Cheers WIC ! I forgot you are close to this event, personally I would add Daley as I feel, with his label he will be really big this year

Have you been to Bunkerground @ the Source I fancy it but don't know anywhere who has been to get feedback

Have you been to Bunkerground @ the Source I fancy it but don't know anywhere who has been to get feedback

It's good mate. Proper music lovers party put on by music lovers. Cheap as well. Who needs headliners? Definitely recommend checking it out.

This was the Meadow line-up which was posted a few weeks ago, so I wonder what has changed?

Meadow.jpg

(by default, the above ^^ would've made the "Techno" Barn about right: Väth/Fitzpatrick/Green/Dense & Pika/Kutz, but I'm pleased as this hopefully means Sven will play the room which is more befitting)

I think they have done this so to keep both pretty full at the same time. DJ competition really and with that lineup in the Barn from 2000 you need the likes of Seth and Sven on at the same time I guess

Personally going to go for Andrea / Eats everything then have a break and then hit the end of Dense & Pika through to mid night

Positives
Great organisation
VIP was actually worth it for a change, Entrance, actual area, toilets and system
Easy to cab in and easy cab out
Easy to get a drink and friendly bar staff
It was a stunning day so the outside was great
Loved he locals tent and made sure I supported Benny Atari for his set
Friendly vibe

Negatives
A full F1 set up but hardly untiised, I thought it was moved to the Show Ground as it had no sound restrictions, it defo did this time and reminded me why I don't go to SW4, you had to be near the front otherwise everyone talking was competing with the music sound, even Fitzpatrick mentioned on Twitter how quiet it was - disappointing

God There were a lot of young kids, we were chatting to some girls outside who were 15 !! They had used fake ID....but what can you do ?

We saw lots of casualties from when we arrived, some being kicked out, others who were completely monged by 1500, again defo the younger ones. My pal who is security for the DJ's literally had to pick one lad up from the floor and rush him out, people were just staring at him lying there, again, tough to sort out this issue but these kids certainly like their Ket..

Overall we absolutely loved it, I bought along 2 friends from Oxford and they had a great time. All the sets were great, I saw Andrea Oliver, Eats, some Lawler, Benny Atari, Alan Fitzpatrick and then Hot/Nick....for me it was AF who smashed it, but I must admit Eats did a great set, harder than he normally plays.

You do the Winter Social brilliantly WI, well done, it makes me wonder how you can get the summer one soooooo wrong !! But logistical wise I appreciate it is a lot harder but chatting to people they still haven't forgiven you for the drinks/ awful bar situation last year or VIP.

It will be interesting how it is supported in summer especially as ABODE got their date out before you and tickets have flown out, plus they are the week before, but I really don't think they have the influence or money to get the kind of line up you can offer.

Top class bro

Ps. I saw loads of lads with their tops off as well, it looked crap and they were covered in sweat, not a good look at all, most people were taking the piss......behind their backs of course !!

Negatives
A full F1 set up but hardly untiised, I thought it was moved to the Show Ground as it had no sound restrictions, it defo did this time and reminded me why I don't go to SW4, you had to be near the front otherwise everyone talking was competing with the music sound, even Fitzpatrick mentioned on Twitter how quiet it was - disappointing

!

I saw this on Twitter and was surprised as you said. Moved out the way for the Summer Social to have louder volume, but also last Winter Social the volume was loud ! Why was it so quiet?

Also noticed the casualties last year... unfortunately typical British festival crowd now ! Very sad

I thought v.young crowd too. Saw lots of casualties early doors.

I'm no sound expert, but did the set-up with adjacent rooms play a part in the Barn arena being so quiet? (I thought the Meadow was loud enough in the front half of the room)

The Barn was really far too quiet. I agree it ruined Fitzpatrick's set. He was playing some amazing music, but the volumes let him down. Miraculously the sound did seem to improve for Nic & HS82 set!

The move to Detling was more political than anything to do in regards to sound as I understand it. I think that was just a (poor) reason given for deciding to move. It was basically to stick 2 fingers up to Maidstone Borough Council who had made using Mote Park untenable.

My girlfriend actually worked for MBC during the last Social there, and the number of residents complaints was meagre. A real throwaway figure.

I preferred that layout vs. the summer edition layout. Smaller scale though, so no idea if it will revert back to that in September. The 1 main gripe I had was no urinals for gents. Would've vastly improved the bottle-neck in the portaloos.

Did nobody see Sven?!

Watched him 23:00 - 23:45. Raw techno set which was what was required after an off-kilter weird Seth set which the crowd didn't get one bit.

It was good enough, but I was spent by then and looking forward to going home. Some good moments for sure, but I don't think his selection was that inspiring

Back