The thread where we might talk about something else other than sex...maybe?

Boardgrrrrl

Just found a great deal to NYC next March (flying on St Paddys day 8)).

Under a grand for 2 people
3 nights staying in Chelsea
Good flight times which makes it nearly 4 full days

I'm beating myself up - although I'd be spending money that my Nanna left me when she shuffled off this mortal coil earlier this year, so technically it's free money, I can't help thinking I should be spending it on something more sensible (i.e. the house that we're doing up) than 3 ridiculously expensive nights in a city that I've been to 3 times before (but love visiting nearly as much as IBZ)

What would you do?

I'd normally ask him indoors for advice but seeing as I'm trying to keep it a surprise I thought I'd ask you guys & girls

go!

plenty of decent hotel deals around if you spend a bit more time lookin in the not so usual places... ;)

Definitely go with the intention of paying homage to your Nanna. ;)

I went to NYC earlier this year for exactly the same reason and loved it.

I took Mrs Jam for Valentines day as a surprise a few years back. Definitely go. You won't regret it.

the Mrs has come back from a work trip there... stayed in a newly opened hotel in SoHo, who have given all guests who stayed there for the first week, 2 free nights (to be redeemed by the end of March 2011)...

funnily enough, the NYC Half Marathon is on March the 20th. :lol:

We also have ****loads of Flying Club Miles 8)

You knew Nanna Boardgirl? Small world!:lol:*

*respectful gag in tribute BG

the Mrs has come back from a work trip there... stayed in a newly opened hotel in SoHo, who have given all guests who stayed there for the first week, 2 free nights (to be redeemed by the end of March 2011)...

funnily enough, the NYC Half Marathon is on March the 20th. :lol:

We also have ****loads of Flying Club Miles 8)

Can recommend the James Hotel on Grand & 6th Ave highly just got back

Also Travertine restaurant for great food and Bagatelle for crazy brunch (dancing on tables to Robin S)

Nanna's toes would curl if she knew what I was planning on spending it on. She didn't get out much in her 94 years - she was a proper Black Country born and bred old girl. I think the only time she ever left the country was for a weeks holiday in Spain in 1964 :lol:

But all the more reason to book up methinks seeing as no one yet has given me a reason for saving it for something sensible 8)

I spent 20 years spending money on loads of fun stuff rather than the house - I dont regret any part of it....

Go for it - the house will still be there :) and life's too short not to have fun!

I've just booked! EEEEEEEPP!!! :eek: :D 8) :twisted:

You lot are bad for my finances.......Puppylover I blame you the most as your last comment made me think "f**k it!!" :lol:

It's cost a little bit more than the quote I got yesterday, but I've got some excellent flights from BHX instead of LHR thus saving Mr BGrrrrl from a 2 hour drive back to the Midlands after a 7 hour flight. That in itself is worth the extra charge!

And now for my favourite part - itinerary planning..... 8)

You lot are bad for my finances.......Puppylover I blame you the most as your last comment made me think "f**k it!!" :lol:

It's cost a little bit more than the quote I got yesterday, but I've got some excellent flights from BHX instead of LHR thus saving Mr BGrrrrl from a 2 hour drive back to the Midlands after a 7 hour flight. That in itself is worth the extra charge!

8) I'm sure you won't regret it!

Glad to have been of service :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've just booked! EEEEEEEPP!!! :eek: :D 8) :twisted:8)

8) I'm sure you won't regret it!

I funking love NY, my favourite city ever.

I (like Chew) have just put my name down for the marathon next november, I know its a long time away but I cant wait. Will do the race at the begining of the holiday then be ablke to enjoy the rest.

What are peeps thought on Hong Kong :?: Friends tell me its amazing, and I'm due to go in the spring. I'm really looking forward to it.

I see! I love it up there. Was there in March and it was nice and warm, more like summer than spring.8)

Back